Attempt at knowing what i've got here

Heathero617

Songster
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
Mosheim
I posted pics on my thread under incubating and hatching, and no one has even attempted to answer the age old question. What kind of babies do I have? I am under tha assumption they are OEGB but not 100% and if they are, what color scheme are they? Any guesses welcome...also the sex if possible. Since i have 8 3 month olds that i'm not sure of their sex, would be nice to know if possible LOL

peep1side.jpg
This one is black in one light, and like a mahogony in another light.

peep2.jpg
This one is red, really dark red, again like a mahogony color.

maybe a little bit bigger for the pics. but maybe the second one could be an EE? Not sure. Maybe get some bigger picks with them standing up, from the side veiw.
smile.png

<3ChickenForever :

maybe a little bit bigger for the pics. but maybe the second one could be an EE? Not sure. Maybe get some bigger picks with them standing up, from the side veiw.
smile.png

I'll try tomorrow, I didnt want to fuss with them too much and mama isnt real thrilled with me doing so either. Maybe when it gets nice and warm tomorrow afternoon, i'll attempt. I just figured i'd ask all of the guru's here on the forum because i've found several breeds that the little red one looks like, as well as the brown/black ones...but being such a newbie, i'm completely useless about most everything except what i've read here.​

Quote:
I'll try tomorrow, I didnt want to fuss with them too much and mama isnt real thrilled with me doing so either. Maybe when it gets nice and warm tomorrow afternoon, i'll attempt. I just figured i'd ask all of the guru's here on the forum because i've found several breeds that the little red one looks like, as well as the brown/black ones...but being such a newbie, i'm completely useless about most everything except what i've read here.

Oh goood!
smile.png
And you'll learn a lot from here!

<3ChickenForever :

Quote:
I'll try tomorrow, I didnt want to fuss with them too much and mama isnt real thrilled with me doing so either. Maybe when it gets nice and warm tomorrow afternoon, i'll attempt. I just figured i'd ask all of the guru's here on the forum because i've found several breeds that the little red one looks like, as well as the brown/black ones...but being such a newbie, i'm completely useless about most everything except what i've read here.

Oh goood!
smile.png
And you'll learn a lot from here!​

I'm trying to learn what I can!!! I have 8 others who i'm not sure of either. I was told 3 were dominiques, but then i find out they look a lot like barred rocks as well...one is a lot lighter in the breast area than the other 2 and seems "plumper". Then i have 3 white with black that I was told they were white rock/barred rock mixed. Those ones look so very much alike except one has the longer tail feathers than the other 2 and one of them is always scuffeling with one of the black barred ones. THEN >lol< i have 2 cochins, one has what appears as yellow-ish goggles around its eyes and the rest, for the most part is black whereas the other has a black "base" with some white on the breast and some gold-ish coloring at the "elbow" but is either molting his baby feathers or someone has picked on his back feathers and they are growing back in. I dont think i have any good pics of those either, but i'll try to get them as well. The only ones i'm sure of are my red sexlink girlies, my black silkie pair >who hatched these new babies out< and my cochins, although i'm not sure if their coloring is considered black or mottled or something else! LOL I know dogs and cats much better than poultry...but IM-MA LEARNIN!!!

Quote:
Oh goood!
smile.png
And you'll learn a lot from here!

I'm trying to learn what I can!!! I have 8 others who i'm not sure of either. I was told 3 were dominiques, but then i find out they look a lot like barred rocks as well...one is a lot lighter in the breast area than the other 2 and seems "plumper". Then i have 3 white with black that I was told they were white rock/barred rock mixed. Those ones look so very much alike except one has the longer tail feathers than the other 2 and one of them is always scuffeling with one of the black barred ones. THEN >lol< i have 2 cochins, one has what appears as yellow-ish goggles around its eyes and the rest, for the most part is black whereas the other has a black "base" with some white on the breast and some gold-ish coloring at the "elbow" but is either molting his baby feathers or someone has picked on his back feathers and they are growing back in. I dont think i have any good pics of those either, but i'll try to get them as well. The only ones i'm sure of are my red sexlink girlies, my black silkie pair >who hatched these new babies out< and my cochins, although i'm not sure if their coloring is considered black or mottled or something else! LOL I know dogs and cats much better than poultry...but IM-MA LEARNIN!!!

I'd be happy to help anytime!!!

<3ChickenForever :

Quote:

I'd be happy to help anytime!!!​

Thank you very VERY much...you dont know what can of feathery worms you just opened LOL

Quote:
I'd be happy to help anytime!!!

Thank you very VERY much...you dont know what can of feathery worms you just opened LOL

Anytime!!
big_smile.png
hahaha and if you want to PM me anytime you can!

Back
Top Bottom