Attempting my first ever garden!

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by AlabamaBelle, Mar 13, 2013.

1. AlabamaBelle

AlabamaBelle Out Of The Brooder

Nov 18, 2012
    North Alabama
    I'm wondering if now would be the time to start planting? There's still a bit of a bite in the air, but the sun is definitely sticking around more. Also, I was wondering what I should plant (I live in northern alabama, at a higher elevation than normal, so yeah.) I know tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, peppers, and a variety of beans, but anything else would be great too :)

Any help would be appreciated-I've never done this before.

2. Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Chicken Obsessed

Feb 2, 2009
    Northwest Arkansas
    You might try posting on the sister gardening forum. Lots of friendly people that can really hand out advice. We have some fun too.

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/index.php

You are a little south of me and probably a week ahead. Not sure if you will see another hard frost or not. You might consider planting potatoes, green peas, carrots, beets, lettuce, kale, chard, onions, cabbage, cauliflower, or broccoli now.

It’s too early for tomatoes, peppers, beans, corn, eggplant, sweet potatoes, squash, pumpkins, cucumbers or other warm weather crops.

3. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I've started many tomatoes, peppers, etc inside the house. Any early starters have been planted inside. Our last frost is in June. Until then we greenhouse garden :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by