Attention Horse & Pony Owners!

Do you have a horse or pony or have access to one?

• Total voters
Pics
All gray horses remember that they were born dark and want it back.

Mine is currently covered with brown splotches and green streaks. The green is a total mystery as we have a good 5 inches of snow on the ground ...

Poop with lots of alfalfa? :gig They find a way.

Maybe that would work for me? I am gray, too, now and was born dark.... :lau

All gray horses remember that they were born dark and want it back.

Mine is currently covered with brown splotches and green streaks. The green is a total mystery as we have a good 5 inches of snow on the ground ...
We have a horse at our barn who is a grey and just gets SO dirty. He is just terribly muddy. He loves to roll in the muddy parts of his turnout every time he goes out

Well, we used to have two.

My Sliverly (aka "Silver" registered name " Neitherhere Northere") died on January 2, 2021 at 1 am. The vet took this photo of me saying good bye.

I had her since she was a baby. She was 26. She would have been 27 on April 15, 2021. She was a huge part of my life and I miss her.

Sorry about the downer news - but it is part of life. When you love, it can be hard sometimes.

We still have Robin. And it may do her and me some good to enter this contest! I try to spend as much time as possible with her and she is getting a little more belly from all the extra feed! Silver used to devour her portion and then run over and scnatch the rest of Robin's - before she stopped eating, that is. And Robin's feed buckets have been extra full as of late, to distract her a little. Robin will be 31 on May 5, 2021. Go Robin! We got her as a companion horse in 2000 when we brought Silver to our backyard.

Oh, I'm so very sorry. My boy Komet will be 27 on 4-26-2021, same age as your Silver, and I've had him since he was a baby too. I had his sire as well, and lost him in 2006 at age 26.

They are such a huge part of our lives - a focus for so many of our hopes and dreams when we and they are young, then so much commitment and work, ups and downs, but always love and joy when they are in their prime, then comfort, peace and even more love (plus some worry) as we care for our beloved companions in their old age. I can't even imagine what our lives would have been like without our horses - easier, but a lot more empty and trivial maybe.

The picture of you saying goodbye to Silver is beautiful. Not a downer at all, though it brought tears to my eyes. Please give Robin some extra scratches and a carrot from me.

Well I bathed him yesterday with a medical shampoo and he still came up nicer. I took some pictures of him so I was wondering if I can use them when the competition is posted? Or do the pictures have to be taken on the day?
They should probably be taken once the contest starts, but post them here, I'm sure everyone would like to see them.

8178DB53-C09C-45FE-986C-B66E16B7BF44.jpeg

Oh, I'm so very sorry. My boy Komet will be 27 on 4-26-2021, same age as your Silver, and I've had him since he was a baby too. I had his sire as well, and lost him in 2006 at age 26.

They are such a huge part of our lives - a focus for so many of our hopes and dreams when we and they are young, then so much commitment and work, ups and downs, but always love and joy when they are in their prime, then comfort, peace and even more love (plus some worry) as we care for our beloved companions in their old age. I can't even imagine what our lives would have been like without our horses - easier, but a lot more empty and trivial maybe.

The picture of you saying goodbye to Silver is beautiful. Not a downer at all, though it brought tears to my eyes. Please give Robin some extra scratches and a carrot from me.

Thank you! :hugsWill do. I am really going to give her a carrot for you tomorrow. :D She has only gotten carrots peels lately from me making soup with carrots in it.

Back
Top Bottom