Attention Muscovy lovers

Can you really only have one male muscovy?... or what if i add another female would that make things better? put obviously get rid of one male so 2 and 2?

Always get stuck with boys!
hmm.png
... must be boy season haha
I can tell you one thing they are beautiful. I love my drakes, I have 3 but I also have 12 ducks for them. what you really need more ducks.
big_smile.png

This is a silly question but can i get two diff ducks besides mucsovys?... i know or read that if they mate with another breed they wont have babies right? ... so im.hoping i could maybe find 2 more girls and have it be ok? i dont want to many ducks considering the house is a pallet coop but they wont be put in a night just be in a pen thanks!

This is a silly question but can i get two diff ducks besides mucsovys?... i know or read that if they mate with another breed they wont have babies right? ... so im.hoping i could maybe find 2 more girls and have it be ok? i dont want to many ducks considering the house is a pallet coop but they wont be put in a night just be in a pen thanks!
Sure you can add more females of a different breed. Just try not to get a bantam breed since Muscovy drakes will be mating with them and they are so big.

I don't like anything bantam size :) ... Do you think by adding 2 more girls it will be cool with the boys? Each one will have a lady friend or do I need to add more girls? im really hoping two will make everyone happy

I don't like anything bantam size :) ... Do you think by adding 2 more girls it will be cool with the boys? Each one will have a lady friend or do I need to add more girls? im really hoping two will make everyone happy
I'd get at least 3 -4 more girls if your keeping both drakes. My drakes co habitat pretty well they each have their own girls and then some of my young ducks from last year like both drakes, we just added 2 new ducks to the mix with our only hatching this year. But their are still clashes but they really don't amount to much, adding 2 more girls will bring your total up to 3 ducks to 2 drakes actually it should at least be 2 ducks apiece or more. They girls will decide which drake they like best.
smile.png

Minimum is 2-3 per. I prefer at least 5 per. I have 2 adult drakes here and 5 babies ranging from a month+ to turning 4mths. So the least i could run with if i kept all the boys would be 14. I have just enough now but geez, don't think that'll work out, so i will have to readdress the whole thing, or make some males into females.

Minimum is 2-3 per. I prefer at least 5 per. I have 2 adult drakes here and 5 babies ranging from a month+ to turning 4mths. So the least i could run with if i kept all the boys would be 14. I have just enough now but geez, don't think that'll work out, so i will have to readdress the whole thing, or make some males into females.
[or make some males into females] yep good luck on that one
wink.png

well it looks like ill be finding a home for one drake( because remember I have 3 boys and 1 girl) because I really don't want 10 ducks. So ill have 2 drakes and 4 girls im thinking about adding another 3 girls to the 1. or do u think I could keep all 3 drakes and get 3 more girls would that work? that would bring the count up to 7

well it looks like ill be finding a home for one drake( because remember I have 3 boys and 1 girl) because I really don't want 10 ducks. So ill have 2 drakes and 4 girls im thinking about adding another 3 girls to the 1. or do u think I could keep all 3 drakes and get 3 more girls would that work? that would bring the count up to 7
You could do it but it probably wouldn't be best for the ducks, just from my own experience that's probably 1 too many drakes.

Back
Top Bottom