Attention Muscovy lovers

New pics of the coop, we added more roofing and screen over the chicken wire to help keep out the flys. We are planting fly and mosquito repelling plants also. My eggs are still going strong, 4 go into lockdown on Tuesday and the 15 others are on day 11 (worried about one). I'll keep sending updates.
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

I'm doing this from my phone so it's only posting one pic pre post for some reason???
That's such a nice place ya'll have made. Those ducklings are adorable are they feeling more at home? they look like they are. And congrats on the eggs all of them. Now you never did say where your going to put all those ducklings
caf.gif

That's such a nice place ya'll have made. Those ducklings are adorable are they feeling more at home? they look like they are. And congrats on the eggs all of them. Now you never did say where your going to put all those ducklings
caf.gif
Well my garden didn't do very well this year after all the work my DH put into making squirrel proof boxes. Now I have 2 garden boxes that are 4'x6' with 4' tall caged in tops and one a little smaller with a 2' caged top. I will put the ducklings out there once they leave the brooder. If I end up with more than I can handle I will start looking for new homes for them. With the bad luck I've had with the first batch of eggs I'm not sure how many will end up hatching??????

Well my garden didn't do very well this year after all the work my DH put into making squirrel proof boxes. Now I have 2 garden boxes that are 4'x6' with 4' tall caged in tops and one a little smaller with a 2' caged top. I will put the ducklings out there once they leave the brooder. If I end up with more than I can handle I will start looking for new homes for them. With the bad luck I've had with the first batch of eggs I'm not sure how many will end up hatching??????
We'll that's pretty convenient
smile.png
I think you'll get a nice hatch. I'm excited for you. and how are they doing are they warming up to you all the new ducklings.

We'll that's pretty convenient
smile.png
I think you'll get a nice hatch. I'm excited for you. and how are they doing are they warming up to you all the new ducklings.
We have been out back building the coop for a week and a half so the see us and hear us banging and sawing. I talk to them and give them treats and it's come to a point where they aren't running and hiding in the kennel everything I enter the coop. The chicks love me and rush me when I walk in so the ducklings are catching on that I'm not going to hurt them. Slowly winning their trust!

We have been out back building the coop for a week and a half so the see us and hear us banging and sawing. I talk to them and give them treats and it's come to a point where they aren't running and hiding in the kennel everything I enter the coop. The chicks love me and rush me when I walk in so the ducklings are catching on that I'm not going to hurt them. Slowly winning their trust!
I didn't think it would take long, these Scovy's are like lil puppies always looking for a hand out and like to spend time with us. My ducklings always go with me for clean up in the evenings thinking I might find them a worm before bed.

Tomorrow is day 35, maybe I will have babies when I get home from work??? Don't worry, my husband and kids will be home watching them for me! The brooder is all set up and the light is warming up (what temp??). If I tap on the glass sometimes I can get the eggs to wiggle around. Cross your fingers for me
fl.gif
. I will update you on the progress tomorrow evening

Back
Top Bottom