Attention Muscovy lovers

I am buying 2 but the owner cant tell them apart and they live too far for us to drive all the way over there. They said they are all around the same size. They need to know which are the male and female so they can get 2 female for me

these 2 female

My favorite duck is a chocolate pied. I think she is very pretty. The white shows off the chocolate very nicely. Also, her chocolate is different shades on different parts of her body, which I find lovely.

Sorry about posting this earlier without the pic. I am wondering what the white duck is with the black spot on its head in this pic.

Jeffery looks great, means so much to have someone care. and that duckling and lil one holding it looks so sweet. Most scovy's are good mamas but how can they protect their littles from Predators with teeth, not very well actually. I guess it's the way of the wild keeping the population down. Still very sad, but glad you got a friend for Jeffery. How's he settling in to home life? looks pretty AT home in the pic. lol
I agree with you. We have only seen one duck that didnt seem to care about her babies but I think she was too young. Jeffery is almost healed! His new tail feathers are about 2 inches long and his leg is much better ! He no longer limps. His limp was very drastic 3 weeks ago. He will pick his leg up later at night like it is tired and sore, but he is walking with full weight on it. He has been in our (second) bathroom since he got hit. His run is ready and waiting for him outside, but I want him to be off the antibiotics and the road rash scrape to be completely healed (which I think it is. no more exposed skin and the feathers and down are growing back). We have fed these ducks for a year (almost two) but they are still outside "wild" ducks in a community close to our home. I think muscovies are much smarter than I realized because he doesnt seem like a wild duck (i dont know the difference). Maybe I shouldnt but I talk to him and treat him as if he were one of my dogs (a-hem fur faced children) I pick him up and put him in his bath. I pet him. I talk to him and ask him if he is hungry. He isnt afraid at all, doesnt seem to care if I touch him and responds with tilting his head (like a dog) when I ask him if he wants food. I wish I could potty train him. Ducks poo so much! I wonder is he will still have the same personality once he is back outside in his run. Thanks for asking. I will keep everyone updated.
PS. Do you know if it will be too stressful for him if i take him into my (privacy fenced) yard near his run and allow him some outside time but then bring him back into the bathroom?

Back
Top Bottom