Attention UK bird owners

Feb 9, 2024
Hi all in UK, did you know the government is changing the bird registration policy?
If the current plan goes ahead from 1st October anyone with any number of birds (fowl of any description) will have to register. There was a public consultation with the vast majority wanting to keep the registration as is (49 or more birds). However this was completely ignored. You can find the details at the below.
https://www.gov.uk/government/consu...r-captive-birds-registration-in-great-britain.
Whilst we all want to be responsible poultry keepers, please remember the Government’s policy a decade ago with foot and mouth disease of slaughter on suspicion.
If you object to this (in my opinion) government interference and overreach, please drop an email to your M.P.

Hi fellow Brit 👋
I actually live in France now but thought I would chirp in.
Over here we have had to complete a registration form every time we purchase from an official supplier. It started about 2 years ago as far as I can tell. I’m not sure how they plan to monitor the number of hens people keep as there are deaths from time to time.
Perhaps we should inform “them” of those too 😂
Watch out “Big Brother Is Watching 👀
Hugz

Hi fellow Brit 👋
I actually live in France now but thought I would chirp in.
Over here we have had to complete a registration form every time we purchase from an official supplier. It started about 2 years ago as far as I can tell. I’m not sure how they plan to monitor the number of hens people keep as there are deaths from time to time.
Perhaps we should inform “them” of those too 😂
Watch out “Big Brother Is Watching 👀
Hugz
Yes big brother is alive and well

Back
Top Bottom