Attention Vocabulary enthusiasts!! Feed the hungry with your brain!!

okiemommy

Mother of 5, Prisoner to None
11 Years
May 26, 2008
Okla-Homa
The Today's Show did a story on the problem with world hunger this morning and mentioned this website where people can go and answer vocab definitions to donate rice provided by sponsors. Since food prices have almost doubled, the food donations around the world do not go as far as they did to feed the already staggering numbers of starving people. And hey why not improve your vocabulary
cool.png

Some bird related words I came across:

chanticleer
avifauna
ovobate

They also have geography, Art, chemistry, language learning, and math!
freerice

I got to level 43 on the vocab!
woot.gif
See if you can beat my score!

ETA: It's totally free to participate

Last edited:
Maybe if I beat you, you'd think I cheated...because I probably would...just so I could say I beat you.

But now I have to go bye bye.

here's my vocab word for the day?

dirty laundry

huh? what? does not compute$^$^*()_)*(&^%^^&*!!

There is an older thread with the free rice link. We used to play it alot.

oh*sheepish grin* well here it is again!
big_smile.png
LOL!​

Maybe if I beat you, you'd think I cheated...because I probably would...just so I could say I beat you.

But now I have to go bye bye.

here's my vocab word for the day?

dirty laundry

huh? what? does not compute$^$^*()_)*(&^%^^&*!!

LOL! I gave my score to generate participation...it's the honor system ^_^

Writer of words, I would like to beat my score, but I have to get my chitlin to school soon...and my eyes started to glaze over a little
tongue.png
oooh.....there goes the Memory game spilled all over the floor... talk to you guys later
big_smile.png

In the mean time this is a great time to have a resurgence of this game from us BYC'ers in light of food prices doubling....and more BYC members
woot.gif

I've played that before, it's fun, but do we have proof that they give rice to the people? Sorry ask people from my youth group and they'll say I'm a pesimist
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom