Attn: Ladies.. Wedding gift help request

Hubby forgot our 12th anniversary this month. I got him a card a case of beer...he was excited for the beer!!!

I went out to dinner with my sister and left him with the kids....hee, hee. That's what he gets for forgetting a card.

I did the 3 reminders about the anniversary too and told him happy anniversary before he left for work too.

He requires more training...lol

Please don't just assume that just because she has turned from a city girl to a country chic that she doesn't enjoy some of the normal anniversary stuff. I know this because other than the fact that my anniversary is 7-21-90, she and I are rather similar and my DH, as much as I love him has the same problem. (He honestly gave me a weed-eater 10 years ago.) We like simple jewelry. I absolutely love the gorgeous small white gold hoops that he bought me for Christmas last year. The year before that was the same earrings in gold. Now, I was perfectly tickled with the sewing machine and Sunbeam mixer too. Get the picture? Just because it is simple doesn't mean it has have to be a one shot deal like a spa trip. It is great to have a "simple" thing that I love and use/wear often. I can't help but think of him when I see the gift in front of me or in the mirror (which I do every day since I LIVE in the white gold hoops).

got a rottatiller for my 21st birthday! And numerous other appliances for birthday and christmas...they are useful, but agree that some nice jewerly, that I would wear would be nice too!

Quote:
I got a electric griddle once. Now i can make im breakfast.
tongue.gif

For me personally, nothing beats the gift of peace and relaxation. I agree that a spa day would be great, or a lovely dinner at home or in a restaurant, with lots of candles, beautiful music, an amazing dessert, conversation, sparkling clean house, no kids! We're not big restaurant fans and have found a few gourmet (or at least very nice!) restaurants in the area that allow you to call in a few days ahead of time and have them prepare a special take-out meal for anniversaries etc. If you're really sneaky and can get it when she's not around you could pretend you prepared the meal yourself!
lol.png

Edited to add: And flowers of course, if you do the dinner at home, make sure there's flowers on that table along with candles!
wink.png

Last edited:
I love it when my DH takes me jewelry shopping & we pick something out together.
As for lingerie, I think that is a wife's gift to her man...

Last edited:
You could do the "Name A Star" after her thing. It is kind of cheesy, but touching none the less... Maybe get a telescope, set it up to show her and pop open a bottle of bubbly while stargazing.

Congrats on your anniversary btw
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom