Attn Terrilaci Duck eggs ?? on hatching

karanleaf

Songster
11 Years
Jun 29, 2008
Glenwood, Missouri
I posted this last night Hoping this will get me answer on the morning of day 28 now all is still quite... Am I ok? do I need to wait a couple more days? Or did I do something wrong?
barnie.gif

hmm.png
roll.png
Please Help
th.gif

Quote:

Hey there! I just saw this.

I have never hatched eggs. (My sneaky duck is another matter).
I would say leave them for a few days to be sure they get every chance at hatching. Sometimes it may take longer to hatch and sometimes right on the day it is expected. Don't candle anymore or handle the eggs or open the bator.

Good luck!

karanleaf, I didn't see your other post either. Sorry about that. Sometimes they move along so fast they are easy to miss.

What kind of bator are you using? Still air or forced fan? There is a temp difference for them, so that's my 1st ? How was your humidity during incubation and now? You should be around 70-75% relative humidity right now. Does your bator have a window so you can see inside? If so, use a flashlight and look for little cracks on the shell. Those are the 1st pips and a sign they will hatch. Any sign of movement or cheeping coming from the bator?

Jody

big_smile.png
Thanks for the replys. I have a Little Giant 9200 still air, I have been keeping water in the water trays. Don't have anyway to measure the humidity so that's a guessing game. The 28th day actualy starts at 9:30pm tonight. I do have windows on the bator and have been keeping a light next to it to check them with. 1 of them has a dark area color of the shell has this one gone bad? I got rid of one about a week ago that had done the same but it was darker.. Should I give them 4 or 5 days longer after tomarrow? That is if nothing springs between now and morning !!!
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
Thanks again for the replys and the support it means alot. Karan

Back
Top Bottom