Atwood chicks!! Help What breed are they?

EastTexasChick

Chirping
9 Years
Mar 22, 2010
I got some chick at atwoods yesterday and I am trying to figure out what they are....

The guy told me the name of these, but I cant remember what he said (think its starts with a D, I knew the breed he was talking about that why I got them, but its totally left me now lol)
51924_atwoodchick_002.jpg

no idea what these two are
51924_atwoodchick_007.jpg

I have no idea what this little girl is? but she has really brown legs, and you cant tell in the pic to well but she has the same coloring as a doberman dog with the black and tan color
51924_atwoodchick_010.jpg

these two have this little beard thing and also have dark brown legs...
51924_atwoodchick_013.jpg

Here is another pic of the two above
51924_atwoodchick_015.jpg

And lastly, the one on the left has really dark brown legs (not sure but I think this one came out of the sexlink bin) and is it just me or is the one on the right maybe a brahma?
51924_atwoodchick_014.jpg

Thanks for all the help..

#1 Dominique?

#2 both EE i think

#3 is a golden sebright

#4 I think are just EE

#5 EE and Silver-laced Cochin

These are my guesses but I am very new to this.

The ones with the beards are more likely Easter Eggers of some kind. If they are pullets, they will lay colored eggs (blue, green, or slightly pink or some variation of the three). While there are many different colors, the chipmunk coloring is the most common, and those slate legs and fluffy beards are the giveaway. Looks like with all those little fluffies, you'll have a colorful flock! Good luck!

#1 Are most likely Barred Rocks, they might be dominiques but I doubt it as feed stores usually get Barred rocks not Dominiques.

#2 Maybe Partrige Rocks

#3 Gold Laced Seabright

#4 The 2 are Easter Eggers, or as Hatcheries wrongly call them Amaraucanas.

#5 I think the one on the left is another beardless EE, and the one on the right Silver laced Cochin

I just bought some at Atwoods yesterday that look very similar if not the same and they were called Black Sex-Links . We bought those and some Rhode Island Whites. Wikipedia says they are also called Black Stars. It also states Blacks are a cross between a Rhode Island Red or New Hampshire rooster and a Barred Rock hen

Not that you asked genders, but if those(1st photo) are indeed barred rocks, they appear to my eye, to be three roos.

Looked again and thir wings don't appear barred. Perhaps black sex links then and gals.

Back
Top Bottom