1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Atwood's Surprise. What's my little grey rooster?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 15CrazyChickens, Mar 23, 2016.

1. 15CrazyChickens

15CrazyChickens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2013
    Oklahoma
    My niece got these from Atwoods then decided she didn't want them after she got home with them. *sigh* So I somehow got wrangled into taking them, but it's okay because they're cute. The little grey is a bantam but other than that I have no idea. The others are Polish of some sort I think. I've got two each of the ones with darker spots around their eyes and two of the ones with lighter spots which also have lighter grey feathers. No clue yet on gender except for the bantam, pretty sure it's a dude. It's super friendly and sits on my shoulder wherever I go. The others are a little skittish yet, but like to be held once I've got them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    You're correct that's a little rooster, I don't know what breed, the other is a white crested polish, looks to be a black.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    agree

4. 15CrazyChickens

15CrazyChickens Out Of The Brooder

Jul 14, 2013
    Oklahoma
    Thank you. They're cute little things. I hope only one of the Polish is a little rooster too. My luck all four of them are roos. :D

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by