Auction Ducks

I'm worried that it is actually bumble foot, but I'm not sure since I've never dealt with it before. They look like this.

I'd soak both feet in warm water with epsom salt added for at least 15-20 min per day and put something like triple antibiotic on them, or if you can get it there is a product called Nu stock which is a cream that has pine tar and sulphur in it it is amazing for healing. I usually treat at bedtime so I know they aren't going to be out walking in dirt and water. Doesn't really look like bumble, the one on the right[looking at the pic] looks the worse . I'd just treat until healed.

I am also glad you got them. They are very pretty (WH are some of my Fav).

And that runner needed you! Poor thing...I bet it is looking better in no time.

btw - can someone explain about clipping nails on ducks..... is it just like dogs and cats (quick and all) ?

I am also glad you got them. They are very pretty (WH are some of my Fav).

And that runner needed you! Poor thing...I bet it is looking better in no time.

btw - can someone explain about clipping nails on ducks..... is it just like dogs and cats (quick and all) ?
Yep there is a quick just like dogs so just clip a little at a time so the quick has a chance to recede.

I'm guessing the WH are golden strain? I don't see any blue in their spectrums. Are there any other ways to tell?

Back
Top Bottom