Auction Ducks

Dwen

Songster
8 Years
Feb 15, 2012
Concord, NC
I am starting this thread to show off my ducks. I bought these at a small animal auction last week.
I didn't actually plan to come home with three ducks (I only wanted one) but you know how it is.
wink.png

These guys were being sold together by the same person, and as soon as they took out the Welsh Harlequin pair, I was hooked. The funny part is, It wasn't until I got home with them that I even got a look at the third guy I'd picked up.

They are people shy, and didn't like getting their picture taken.

This is George. I think he's lived most of his life in a cage. He's missing feathers, has a raw eye, like the remnant of sticky eye, long curly toenails, and calloused feet. So I feel like I have a rescue duck now. I paired him with my mallard hen after they first came home, and it didn't take long before he was following her around learning about important things like foraging, rooting in mud, and where the water buckets are.

I am starting this thread to show off my ducks. I bought these at a small animal auction last week.
I didn't actually plan to come home with three ducks (I only wanted one) but you know how it is.
wink.png

These guys were being sold together by the same person, and as soon as they took out the Welsh Harlequin pair, I was hooked. The funny part is, It wasn't until I got home with them that I even got a look at the third guy I'd picked up.

They are people shy, and didn't like getting their picture taken.

This is George. I think he's lived most of his life in a cage. He's missing feathers, has a raw eye, like the remnant of sticky eye, long curly toenails, and calloused feet. So I feel like I have a rescue duck now. I paired him with my mallard hen after they first came home, and it didn't take long before he was following her around learning about important things like foraging, rooting in mud, and where the water buckets are.

X3!

Gorgeous ducks.

You might want to clip his toenails so he doesn't snag them on anything. Are the feet just calloused or does it appear to be bumblefoot?

I'm worried that it is actually bumble foot, but I'm not sure since I've never dealt with it before. They look like this.

Back
Top Bottom