Auction help

brettshomestead

Chirping
Nov 27, 2016
Central oklahoma
I have a small country auction tonight I'm wanting to sell at. Are there any tips on selling birds for a better price? I know how to sell just not how to sell better. If it helps I'm selling three roos

I have a small country auction tonight I'm wanting to sell at. Are there any tips on selling birds for a better price? I know how to sell just not how to sell better. If it helps I'm selling three roos
Be there early----try to get yours in line close the front---if you are a later seller----a lot already have bought all they want and some leave before they get to the end. Where I go the sell starts at 5pm and a lot of people will be there around 9am to check theirs in. If they live close they will go back home and come back just before the sell. Also if yours are grown---sell them one at a time---not all 3 at one time.

Be there early----try to get yours in line close the front---if you are a later seller----a lot already have bought all they want and some leave before they get to the end. Where I go the sell starts at 5pm and a lot of people will be there around 9am to check theirs in. If they live close they will go back home and come back just before the sell. Also if yours are grown---sell them one at a time---not all 3 at one time.
Thanks for the tip I'll try to get them in asap. Does presentation help any?

I realize this, I ment more as cage upkeep, if i put breed info with them etc. im guessing breed info would only help if it was a uncommon breed.
Some Auctions require the breed when they check in. The ones that don't require might/might not announce the breed when it hits the Auction Block?? I go to a VERY good Auction-----this one will NOT announce the breed because it might be a mix but look true and buyers have jumped him because he SAID they were this and that----Now they hold it up----you see what it is---you bid if you want. Of All the Auctions I go to, some will not allow your birds/rabbits, etc to stay in your cage---have to be transferred to peanut type crates. Some will. One Auction that closed recently that was open for years---the animals are sold out the owners cages and handed to the buyer by the feet----LOL, bring your own cage or hold it in your lap on the way home---LOL.

Not too bad prices are really low at the moment though. I bought four buff orphs for 5 bucks a piece who just reached laying age just as reference. I'm going again tonight.
Yep, now is the time to buy---sell for a profit later. Waiting/staying to the last one is sold gives you some good deals some times. BUT, BUT you really need a place far away from your flock to quarantine the new ones. Hate to bring "something" home to yours!

Back
Top Bottom