Status
Not open for further replies.

immyjay54

Songster
10 Years
Feb 20, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi,
I hope I'm doing this okay. If not, PLEASE disregard and delete.
WHY !!!!!!!!!!!! If a person is selling something at auction on here and they have a reserve, why don't they start the bidding at the reserve price. I got a message from BYC last night telling me that I had won the auction. I immediately went to my pay pal account and sent the bid amount and the shipping. This morning I got an email saying I was $3.00 short on the reserve price. This made me feel really foolish thinking that maybe the seller thought that I was trying to cheat them. If there is a reserve, that amount should be listed somewhere. When I got the message from BYC, I just figured that I won it. Please don't think that I'm trying to cause a problem with anyone.

Before paying on any auction that had a reserve, it is best to check and see if the reserve has been met. Since you didn't make the reserve, you can ask the seller for a refund. They should accommodate you.

I agree - if people will ONLY accept the reserve price, it should start at that price. Otherwise it's a irritating guessing game - remember when someone would say I have a number, it's between 0 and 90 gazillion, guess my number? Just tedious.

Quote:
I agree - especially on this forum, where people tend to start bidding when they think the 'Price is right' - setting a reserve just tells me no matter what I bid, it's jsut not enough and the item is just way out of my price range anyway, so I just disregard those auctions. I, too, think that there should be no reserve, just start the auction a few dollars less than what you actually want and it tends to take off.

Quote:
I'm not sure but I don't think it said anything about a reserve when I made my bid. When it was over I got message saying I won auction. I didn't even check auction again, I knew what I bid and what the shipping was so I just did the pay pal. Also, I got email from seller I sent the payment saying that I was short and it was such a small amount that I sent it to them. It is all okay between me and seller and if I knew the reserve, I would have paid it in the first place. Just made me feel that seller might have thought that I was trying to pull a fast one. I did learn to not do this again. lol I will make sure I check before sending payment. All is good but sure did make me feel like a heel.

Ok, at this point this issue needs to be taken private between the buyer and seller.

All auctions are either reserve or not. There is now way to change it midstream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom