August 2022 Hatch-a-long

Pics
wow am still waiting on one April baby and 3 July babies and my 1 Aug baby that I kept to all start........ LOL one (or 2) may have since I found 2 mystery eggs (but think 1 may be from my EE that started up again but it was a different tint of color than her eggs are....... so a bit confused) but I did fine a matte tan egg on Sun, where my camera doesn't face so set up a camera to see that area on Mon morning...... and no other egg like that since.... trying to figure out who laid it. LOL Since I had 2 mystery eggs on Fri, and 2 on Sun....... found out one from Fri and Sun were the same pullet (my April SF that started back up again) but still have 1 mystery egg I found Fri and 1 mystery egg from Sun to figure out. haahaa!!!!!!!

all your eggs are sooooo pretty!!!!!!!!
My splash Polish Sylvia just squatted for me tonight too 😯 She’s an August hatch too. My D’Uccles from May don’t look close at all yet and my Buttercup from April hasn’t laid either. She’s looked ready for monthssssss. This chicken thing is so crazy, I never know what to expect anymore lol

My splash Polish Sylvia just squatted for me tonight too 😯 She’s an August hatch too. My D’Uccles from May don’t look close at all yet and my Buttercup from April hasn’t laid either. She’s looked ready for monthssssss. This chicken thing is so crazy, I never know what to expect anymore lol
Same!!!! They like to keep us guessing. I have one buttercup laying, she barely took a break (well think I have the right one). Then 1 went broody in like Oct on me, then molted and still isn't laying again. They are both April 2022 hatches.

My CCL, the only April hatch that didn't lay before winter) got a red red comb, would accept my roo, checking out nest boxes etc the end of Sept to beg of Oct. Thought for sure any day. Then one day her comb went pale again and no eggs. She has had her bright red comb again for a couple weeks so hopefully soon!!!

Same!!!! They like to keep us guessing. I have one buttercup laying, she barely took a break (well think I have the right one). Then 1 went broody in like Oct on me, then molted and still isn't laying again. They are both April 2022 hatches.

My CCL, the only April hatch that didn't lay before winter) got a red red comb, would accept my roo, checking out nest boxes etc the end of Sept to beg of Oct. Thought for sure any day. Then one day her comb went pale again and no eggs. She has had her bright red comb again for a couple weeks so hopefully soon!!!
All I had to do was publicly complain and here’s her first egg! Pretty sure it’s hers since the Polish have been seen in the main pen where they sleep…

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom