August 2022 Hatch-a-long

Pics
View attachment 3206526View attachment 3206529I am starting to see some pink blobs and the start of veins. Also, the egg with a crack has a weird bubble (circled).View attachment 3206533View attachment 3206531
Did you try to seal the crack? Liquid bandage, wax or even nail polish works. Looks like it might be a loose air cell. Can you take a picture with the light from the top like in my photos to see if the air cell is stable or not? When you light from the top and you rotate the egg from side to side, you should be able to see if the air cell is detached.

Did you try to seal the crack? Liquid bandage, wax or even nail polish works. Looks like it might be a loose air cell. Can you take a picture with the light from the top like in my photos to see if the air cell is stable or not? When you light from the top and you rotate the egg from side to side, you should be able to see if the air cell is detached.
It ended up being infertile.

Candled all 22 today. This seller amazes me!!! These are shipped eggs.

Out of 22 on day 3:

3 I see nothing, one has a detached air cell.

3 I couldn't tell. Dark or porous eggs so hard to see in but think there was something in at least 2, but not sure.

And 16 with great veins and babies!!! A few pics of candling

Attachments

• IMG_20220731_195951915.jpg
    IMG_20220731_195951915.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220731_200102762.jpg
    IMG_20220731_200102762.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20220731_200126309.jpg
    IMG_20220731_200126309.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Out of 22 on day 3:

3 I couldn't tell. Dark or porous eggs so hard to see in but think there was something in at least 2, but not sure.

They look great!:wee

Out of 22 on day 3:

Your eggs also look healthy!

Last edited:

Out of 22 on day 3:

Looking good!!! Amazing progress for shipped eggs and she sounds like a gem to work with

Much better start to this round, fertility is increased exponentially 🎉 Day 3 and all the tan eggs are growing, most (if not all) the WTB are doing well, and the BCM are just hard to see through at this stage lol. One WTB is undecided and it might simply be the colour, plus it’s so early 😏 Only seeing growth in one of the blobs in the potential double. Would an unfertilised yolk cause infection issues?

All of my colored eggs look to be developing (green, brown, tan, blue,) vs the other two times i bought eggs from them (only one made it to day 4, then quit), they look promising, and two Trader Joe's eggs,one has veins, and the other a pink blob. The reason the other is behind is because I took them out when I thought they were infertile, most of them were. Just before I placed them in the refrigerator, I candled, and one had this pink blob, the others, I don't think so, if they are yolkers, I will pull them in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom