August 2022 Hatch-a-long

Pics
Well, I guess I'm doing another hatch too. I have friends that want some chicks and they're willing to pay for them if I hatch them out, so I'm currently collecting eggs from my Amberlink roos X Barred Rock & Jersey Giant girls so I can hatch them out some mixed babies. They also already reserved chicks from my first hatch of Ameraucanas once they start laying(and I start selling- wanna build my numbers first), and they're only 2 weeks old, lol! I have about 15 eggs so far, but wanna get a few more before I set them. May set them either tomorrow or the day after. That'll be 7-8 days after the first eggs were laid, and don't wanna go much past that. I'm only choosing the best looking eggs, so it's taking a bit to get as many as I want. Also will be a great way to check fertility of my Amberlink boys. Can't wait! Hatch date should end up being the 23rd or 24th.

Much better start to this round, fertility is increased exponentially 🎉 Day 3 and all the tan eggs are growing, most (if not all) the WTB are doing well, and the BCM are just hard to see through at this stage lol. One WTB is undecided and it might simply be the colour, plus it’s so early 😏 Only seeing growth in one of the blobs in the potential double. Would an unfertilised yolk cause infection issues?
I doubt it, maybe the other one is delayed.

Has anyone tried to buy blue eggs On ebay? I really would like to have some colored eggs but I have no access to any of them locally.
I've never bought eggs off eBay, although I know lots of people who have had both successes and failures with it. Just go into it knowing what you want and what to look for to make sure you're getting what you want. There are certainly some shady people out there, unfortunately, who like to take advantage of people who are less knowledgeable about the breeds they're looking for. Do your homework first, for sure. And read reviews!

Look at me, I have the incubator full, and I'm still looking for more.
Same. I hatched out 2 batches of 4 varieties of Ameraucanas and some Birchen Marans last month and here I am setting more, plus I'm about to order more of the Silver Ams and then some Russian Orloffs! I've got it bad! It's that big new coop...I'm feeling the need to fill it, lol.

Well, I guess I'm doing another hatch too. I have friends that want some chicks and they're willing to pay for them if I hatch them out, so I'm currently collecting eggs from my Amberlink roos X Barred Rock & Jersey Giant girls so I can hatch them out some mixed babies. They also already reserved chicks from my first hatch of Ameraucanas once they start laying(and I start selling- wanna build my numbers first), and they're only 2 weeks old, lol! I have about 15 eggs so far, but wanna get a few more before I set them. May set them either tomorrow or the day after. That'll be 7-8 days after the first eggs were laid, and don't wanna go much past that. I'm only choosing the best looking eggs, so it's taking a bit to get as many as I want. Also will be a great way to check fertility of my Amberlink boys. Can't wait! Hatch date should end up being the 23rd or 24th.
woohoo glad to have you joining in again!!!!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom