August 2022 Hatch-a-long

Pics
Think I am on day 10. Candled them all and all 18 that weren't clear are still going!! I sure hope I can find homes for most of these! I have 5 that I bough a broody that are almots 18 weeks that i need to find homes for, then out of the 10 last hatch and (if all hatch) 18 this one I can only keep 2-3 of them! that is a LOT of homes! EEKS. getting nervous!

I was not sure it wasn't just me bumping the table until it happened several times. 😂
My very first hatch, the first egg was such a wiggler! She smashed out like the KoolAid Man on day 19 or 20. The incubator is on one of those IKEA step cubbies and I spent so many hours watching the last two eggs wiggle. Didn’t hatch, didn’t hatch… Turns out I had been bumping it 😂 They were super early quitters, ooops! Those blue eggs are a bugger to candle!

2 have hatched, one didn’t make it, looks like the egg got broken :(. There are lots more pips! This one looks like a cochin and it’s litre comb is already making me suspect it’s a cockerel. Time will tell!

00AE9947-58C3-44C3-ADEB-1F7D8B0EF13E.jpeg

Catching up after not being on for some time. Looks like there’s a lot of active eggs here on the thread!🥰
My little set of six Silkie mix eggs are still doing well here today on DAY 16. I stopped turning and set them on the shelf liner here this morning before I head off to work for the next three days. It’ll be lock down when I get back on Thursday night.😊
A5970EAE-6E7B-4384-AF06-87C31CAAD568.jpeg
045F87BB-EA0C-4E82-AF11-356974B81642.jpeg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom