August 2022 Hatch-a-long

Pics
Hey everyone! I am catching up on reading this thread from the beginning, but I have 7 Serama eggs due to hatch 8/19 :yesss: I heard Serama eggs go early though on day 19/20.. has anyone else heard this before?

I'm excited to see what you're all hatching!
Do you have seramas that you're hatching from or did you order the eggs? Just my curiosity because I think Seramas are precious and want pics of your flock if you have some LOL

It probably looked like more than it was. She (for now) was dragging her belly around making it worse and spreading the blood. Seems to have stopped. I gave her a little chick saver and a private chamber in the brooder. She's very feisty. Hopefully she makes it through the night.

I'm sure you were a lifesaver catching that so quick. She's lucky to have you to taking such good care. Excited to see more pics of her and her siblings tomorrow!

Do you have seramas that you're hatching from or did you order the eggs? Just my curiosity because I think Seramas are precious and want pics of your flock if you have some LOL
I found the eggs local on craigslist actually! I've never had a Serama before or hatched them, so I'm super excited to see the size of them when they pop out! The parents are almost a Mille Fleur pattern so I have no idea what to expect for their colors!

I've had two other hatches this year, but sold the babies because we live in a townhouse and don't own our backyard. I am thinking about keeping these Seramas as house chickens.... but don't know if I absolutely crazy or if it's doable!

The seller told me she usually only gets about 50% hatch rate for some reason. I candled on Day 7 and all had been developing, but 3 had blood rings, so died at some point. I'm candling tomorrow again on Day 14 and hoping the remaining four are still going strong! My other hatches from various breeders went great, so I'm thinking it's a genetic thing with her birds?

I found the eggs local on craigslist actually! I've never had a Serama before or hatched them, so I'm super excited to see the size of them when they pop out! The parents are almost a Mille Fleur pattern so I have no idea what to expect for their colors!

I've had two other hatches this year, but sold the babies because we live in a townhouse and don't own our backyard. I am thinking about keeping these Seramas as house chickens.... but don't know if I absolutely crazy or if it's doable!

The seller told me she usually only gets about 50% hatch rate for some reason. I candled on Day 7 and all had been developing, but 3 had blood rings, so died at some point. I'm candling tomorrow again on Day 14 and hoping the remaining four are still going strong! My other hatches from various breeders went great, so I'm thinking it's a genetic thing with her birds?
Oh gosh I can't wait to see what hatches out!

I hope all 4 are doing well for you :fl

Egg #3 was first to hatch! She had been slow zipping for the past several hours... only got about halfway... then I left the house for 10 minutes and when I came back she was hatched! :rolleyes::jumpy

20220811_152501.jpg 20220811_152513.jpg

Back
Top Bottom