*** AUGUST HATCH-A-LONG come join in ***

Oh oh! I hear a few little peeps every so often, beginning around 3 this afternoon! It's midnight now, and tomorrow will be day 23 for the bantams and day 22 for the LF. I should have something by tomorrow night, right?
fl.gif

Today was Lock down for my 6 Speckled Sussex eggs. When I candled right before lock down, all 6 looked like they are right where they should be development wise! Really hoping I'll have little baby Sussex chicks on day 21! lol This is the first time I've done Standard size chicken eggs. The last couple hatches were Silkies and Seramas and they all hatched right on time (I love my Brinsea!). I also have button quail eggs going into lock down on the 10th. New to button eggs, so we'll see how that goes.

fl.gif
for me and everyone else close to hatch!

Candled my eggs for lockdown. Had to toss most of them. I have 3 black orps and 1 araucana egg left.
sad.png
I will be happy if they hatch. This is my first year incubating eggs. My first two I had about a 50 percent hatch rate, but my last two not so good. I think the heat has been hard on shipped eggs. I plan on waiting for my next eggs for a while. Is fall a good time for shipped eggs? Well good luck to everyone. Hope I get a few fuzzy butts.
fl.gif
I really wanted to start breeding some orps. I guess it may take me a bit longer than planned.

Quote:
Thank you! It's nearly 8am here now, and while I still hear peeps, there's no sign that any if them have started to hatch.

Anyone know how soon they hatch after they start "talking"?

21 out of 24 that made it to lock down and 26 was total shipped 2 were clear first candle round.I am really pleased with this round of hatching.I used my brinsea eco 20 FOLLOWED THE DIRECTIONS then my hovabator for the hatch in the egg carton method.Thanks to pampered poultry all of those eggs hatched and camelot farms!!

Last night I heard peeps! I about had a heart attack! I have been working on the assumption I would have a zero hatch the very first time - which this is - so the fact that there actually IS life in at least one egg is SO thrilling!

And this morning, there is a pip in an egg! Today is day 21.

Gosh I hope this goes well... now that I have hope I'm afraid I'm going to be horribly disappointed if nothing makes it past this stage.
fl.gif

I'm gonna go look for a "biting fingernails" smiley now....

AHA!!
41679_yahoo_nailbiting.gif

Last edited:
I've only done one hatch so far (working on #2) and I kept saying I'd be happy if ANYTHING hatched from my 29 eggs. Guinea eggs are really hard to candle so I had no idea if anything was alive in there. I figured nothing would hatch.. then I suddenly ended up with 21 keets!! EEP. My first hatch and I was drowning in babies. Sometimes there's such a thing as newbie luck.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom