Augusta Maine Sept 10th and 11th TSC (post swap feedback needed)

Quote:
I'll be there {hubby or not-but I'm pretty sure he's coming} Sunday! It's gonna be the first time that I'll be participating and not just attending.

Any tips for a newbie? I've got two bunnies, 3 SLW roosters {it's worth a shot}, and some crafts that I'm going to be bringing. Super excited!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
I'll be there {hubby or not-but I'm pretty sure he's coming} Sunday! It's gonna be the first time that I'll be participating and not just attending.

Any tips for a newbie? I've got two bunnies, 3 SLW roosters {it's worth a shot}, and some crafts that I'm going to be bringing. Super excited!!!

Ooh - curious about the bunnies and crafts! What breed of rabbits?

My female - Bella - is a flemish giant, new zealand cross. She's a wonderful wonderful bunny, but I really want to explore and expand my flock. So I've been looking for a nice home for her. I don't want her to go live in some wire jungle and become a baby machine. You know?

And my male is one of her offspring who came from a pure californian. So he's really a heinz 57, but he's friendly. He's about a year old.

The crafts... I have some metal silhouettes for the garden. Some little, some medium.

I'll see if I can't get some pics on here tonight. {once I figure out how to do it} Actually-it doesn't look like I can add pics yet.
sad.png

But I have both listed on CL if you wanted to see them. Under Farm&Garden, just do a search for Bella & Bandit {each individually}.

~ Love your logo by the way~

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks! I just love bunnies! I do breed mine, but not one litter after the other...I don't like it when they are bred straight, so unhealthy for them!
sad.png

She's a great momma! She had 9 kits in her 2nd litter...sooo much fun! Baby bunnies are a blast.

Quote:

tips for newbies:
bring something to sit down on unless you plan to stand for a long time. shade for your animals (cardboard works if you have nothing else. bring boxes to send your chickens/rabbits home in (some people will bring their own but some do not) . water containers (there is water at the store but I bring my own) and food and dishes to feed these. usually this time of year there are people that collect the free roosters.

I have someone with red factor canaries for sale but he's not sure if he can come to the swap. I have contact info if interested $50 each or $75 for guaranteed male.

Last edited:
I just wanted to invite everyone over to see my fb page "stained glass by Bobbi"
one of the eggs I just finished carving will be offered as a raffle item at this fall's central maine bird fanciers show in windsor. it has a hummingbird on one side and a OE game bird on the other (to appeal to both the chicken people as well as the non-chicken people)
If I can locate a display case for it, it will have one, I was striking out today looking for one.
I also have a few that will be offered for sale (some have been sold but I can make another similiar)

Back
Top Bottom