Augusta Maine swap- Sept 25th & Oct 8th

We are going to be there. Suppose to be a nice warm day too. Going through birds now.

Will have some young chocolate muscovy ducks, still too young to tell sex for sure yet they are about 2-3 months lost track, momma hatched and barnyard raised.

2 fairly nice pairs of quail d'anvers and white old english (cock is dubbed), late last years birds.

Have loads of young stuff too. All old enough to sex, still getting used to the cold keep them outside but lamp on in their shelter at night or really cold days.
pairs of modern games
millie d'anvers
salmon faverolles

Maybe some young unsexable silkies all about 10 weeks, still going through them so not sure what yet.

Hope it turns out to be as nice as they say it is going to be
smile.png

Editted to add: Lokking for a small rabbit tattoo kit for dwarfs

Last edited:
I have another to add, a lavender orpington cockeral. I've been on the fence about keeping or not, but I really do not need 3 lf roos.
also on the grab bag, I've got a grain bag tote as well, the vendor, who's name gets pulled will get choice unless we have others that want to add some items for the grab bag then we could have mulitiple draws. these probably should be things no one has to feed.
(editted to change wording to vendor as this is like our end of year swap although there may be more swaps if others want to continue)

Last edited:
Poultry Run Farm, If you have time in the morning can you post what color(s) silkies you will be bringing? I'm looking for black and buff for sure.
Thanks!

Last edited:
Quote:
Will probably be a couple of buffs for sure, too young to tell sex 100% Going to go wake them up now they are not going to be happy, people or birds
smile.png

had a great swap today, lots of vendors and somehow I brought home more then I sold- not sure that was the plan but I got some really nice looking birds, too good to pass up. still have my white silkie roo if anyone is looking. If anyone wants the peanut butter pie recipe, just give me a shout, super easy and it's no bake.
we had 2 door prizes for vendors. one was a peanutbutter pie- won my me, shared to all and the other was a grain bag tote bag won my blueseal.
there will be 2 more swaps scheduled for the next 2 saturdays- oct 15th and 22nd
spread the word!!
also looking for donations for the door prizes for both attendees and vendors.

had a good day at the swap . sold all i brought. and i won a neat grain tote bag. thanks to all that make these swaps happen. a few buyers were looking for young pullets to buy . i told them of a few places to look.

Was a great day.. Sold most everything and of course bought stuff we really didn't need like hoppy said could not pass up
smile.png
Sarah and I are fighting over her she is so sweet. Should have bought a couple more but stopped myself. Even found a small tattoo kit.... Very excited for a couple more have a few that still need to go.

Last edited:
Who was selling silkies there both dates?? Got splash and white chicks from him in September, and a blue hen from him in October. I need to speak with him. Or if anyone plans on being at the swap this Saturday and will have white silkie hens or pullets, let me know!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom