Augusta Maine swap- Sept 25th & Oct 8th

hoppy

I'm not all fluff
12 Years
May 5, 2007
central maine
I am working on a new date for the next swap- maybe get a 2nd swap in for sept. currently looking at sept 25th (sunday) and oct 8 (saturday) and just FYI oct 2nd (sunday) is the poultry show in windsor that has it's own sales.
I am also working on having someone come to collect any free roos later morning on swap day. this will allow those looking for breeding stock to get birds early and those that just can not come back home with a roo, to take those extras off your hands. usually there is someone that rolls by, but I have not seen anyone at the last few swaps looking for roos.
so how do those dates sound for everyone?

updated with new dates
Sept 25th and Oct 8th.
time is 8:30-1:00pm
bring chickens, any poultry, rabbits and small animals, plants,home crafts, jams/jellies etc.
I just need to confirm that someone will be coming to pick up any free roosters about 11:00 for those that just don't want to bring them back home or winter them over. Prior to that, hopefully you can find a breeding home for them.

Last edited:
Email the changes Hoppy, I don't come in and check my messages all that often. Hope everyone's swaps are successful and busy!
I've been busy processing broilers, turkey's with a stay of execution for 9 turkey's...cut my finger when the turkey zigged and I zagged, 3 stitches
roll.png
. Canning season has complicated my life also, but will be very happy come winter.

I'm still looking for a Polish hen or 2, I also have 1 polish rooster for anyone that needs one... Pet quality birds only.

Take care and hope to hear all good seasonal news!! How have the swaps been?

Does anyone know the fellow who sells guinea hens at the Augusta/TSC chickenstock? I think he's out of Vassalboro but I'm not sure. I bought a lovely fawn guinea hen from him last weekend and would love to get the other fawn he has. Or any other non-pearl female. The fawn one mixed in so wonderfully with my other two guinea hens, my chickens and my rooster. Hopefully he reads this and will be at the next one? Just please, no guinea roosters - ever again. Looking forward to the next and almost last (?) chickenstock of the season.

I'll be there on Sunday, hopefully buying a couple more guinea hens. Hoppy, what are you bringing? My sister just bought two girls from you about a month or so ago. A lovely splash and an all blue. Beautiful birds. She might be looking for more.

Quote:
I will have 3 wyandottes, 2 splash roos and 1 white pullet. i will also have 2 black silkies that carry frizzled gene that the buyer had me hold the last swap and then changed his mind just as he was leaving at noon.
somad.gif

and one pure white silkie roo pet quality.
the 2 splash wyandottes are free and will be going on the rooster pick up if no one takes them.
other then that I think that is all I have left I'm not holding back. I got some awesome babies that just hatched 1 week ago, 2 slickies (smooth silkies) and some blues and blacks. those will be held until spring.
I will also have some stained glass suncatchers and boxes, other misc craft items.

We MIGHT be going to the Oct. 8th one, I have a craft / trade show on the 1st so I am unsure how much of my soaps and etc. will sell. If I still have a significant stock I may come! I know I would like to thin out some of my birds to make room for more birds, and my rabbits as well. Have a few mixed bunnies and some 1/2 pedigreed mini rexes for sale. - They are for sale whether I am at the swap or not so if anyone is interested, let me know
smile.png
We will see if I can convince Hubby to watch all 3 kiddos while I come!
smile.png
hehehe

I don't have much to sell right now

But I am searching for red and white bantam cochin hens or pullets to buy.

Breeder quality would be OK, but I want decent type and color.

Anyone knowing of any around please PM me.

Back
Top Bottom