Auracana or ameracauna????

An Easter Egger is just any bird with blue or khaki eggs, which is the blue gene over a brown egg, and so yes the offspring from all of these except the Leghorn will be khaki eggs. The Leghorn should make blue eggs? I think... because the white egg is an egg with no color gene at all? If someone corrected me on this I would be grateful :)

Ok if marans x auracanas =olive eggers, do i understand correctly that easter eggers = auracanas x any of the above mentioned breeds except leghorns and marans??

Simply put - Easter Eggers can be a cross of any breed, as long as they lay a 'colored' egg. 'Colored' eggs are defined as any color but white or brown. Most Easter Eggers are descended from Araucanas. Ameraucanas and Cream Legbars have Araucana ancesters.

Thank you all for the responses!! Can I breed an Easter Egger from these birds?? I have Brahma, Wyandotte, Auatralorps, Orpingtons, Leghorns, Sussex?

You can breed an EE from all of them by crossing them with a blue egg laying breed such as an Ameraucana, Araucana, or Cream Legbar. If you cross them with an EE, the offspring may or may not be a colored egg laying EE. It depends on whether the EE parent gives its blue egg gene or its brown egg gene to the offspring.

Back
Top Bottom