Aurora Co law up for review again - need resources

I have no idea what ward I am in. How do I find that out? I don't mind writing a letter but I do not know my neighbors and not sure how much English they understand. But will help in whatever way I am able.

https://www.auroragov.org/CityHall/Maps/WardMaps/index.htm

Click there to look at a map. Then click on https://www.auroragov.org/CityHall/MayorandCityCouncil/CouncilMembers/index.htm to find your council member. I just discovered that Melissa Miller in ward 1, who was fighting for chickens, has left! No! I know Molly Market supports it.

No worries about neighbors, though I've been surprised to discover who is supportive and found having chickens to be an area of connection between me and my non-English speaking neighbors.

Hey I guess I am in Ward 1 as well...where are you located? I am over in Jamaica between Montview and Colfax.

So now that Ward 1 is vacant what do we do now? What does it take for someone to run for that spot?

We are close to MLK library. I don't know what it takes to run for city council. We need to find someone fabulous - and it's not me! lol

Well, I was very disappointed when I found out its illegal to have chikens
I'm my back yard. I have a little boy and I wanted to get a few hens for him.
How can I help to change this ordinance?

I saw your post About needing candidates to talk to Aurora city council especially in ward 5. Well, I live in Ward 5 and would love to own chickens in my backyard.... Can you please tell me how I can talk to my ward to get it started??? Thanks in advance for any help in this matter , And hopefully will be all owning chickens soon!! Thanks, Veronica

Hi Veronica! Let's get chickens approved this year!! Write an email to [email protected] detailing why you want chickens, why you disagree with their arguments (noise, predators, smell, the usual), and that your neighbors support it if they do. Then call and leave a voice mail message with Bob Roth - 303-739-7510 .

We have to get it on the agenda again.

Clea

I am serious about it again this year as well..Aurora is one of the very few areas now not allowing them. I will go collect signatures..do what ever is needed to get this going. Let's coordinate an effort!
We could do it as a petition and I am willing to picket lol. I know quite a few people here that want chickens.

Thought that I had made a reply to your last post and when I came to see your answer somehow it never got posted....OOPPS!!! Clea, Do you by chance have an example letter that you have written before or have a good idea of what to write (I'm horrible with that ) Can you guys give any ideas or a draft letter ;) I can get plenty of signatures from neighbors and friends in the area. Also when I call Bob Roth what do I say? Do I explain what I have written and want done?!? Thanks for any help....

Tongue Tied Veronica ;)

Back
Top Bottom