Will You Boycott C-A-L Ranch?

• yes

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters
We were discussing the behavior of the neighbor, and the animal control officer told me that his dog bit her. I did not ask if she cited them, because I know that is confidential. I would hope that she at least gave them a written warning. I asked her if he threatened her too, and that was how she responded. Apparently, she is an ex-cop.
At least where I live, Animal Control Officers are considered "cops" and go through the same training as the others, initially, and wear the same uniform. But I don't know about other areas... Where I live, if an officer is aggressively approached by a loose dog, it will be shot, especially if it is a pit-bull. The people who own them complain, but they have no case because the dog is loose and aggressive. It sounds like the Animal Control Officer is just trying to do her job... But they may get tired of the complaints eventually and quit responding to them, if there is repeatedly nothing to cite after they respond. It is unlikely that they are necessarily "out to get you" personally. When a complaint comes in, they have to respond, at least initially. Hopefully, you will get anymore personal threats from these people on a recording device (your cel phone?) and take that to the police. Make these neighbors come to you to do such things, you should stay away from them and off their property. That way, they can't say that they were provoked in any way, which would have prompted the threat.

Yes seriously I can't believe I'm the only one that caught this.

You're not, I first noted and pointed this out to OP in my comment above yours.

OP's reply to me was:

I am actually sitting with a friend who is helping me clean up after the storm and repair the roof. We were both logged onto BYC at the same time on my computer and I posted to her account by mistake. No, there is nothing shady going on here.

My mind's wandering here... Do you know what state your neighbors moved from? I'm wondering if CAL Ranch is owned/run by Mormons and if your neighbors are too. Not that that means anything other than I suspect they stick together and look out for each other. She may have been sent to your town to manage their store. If that's what's going on you're completely wasting your time trying to get CAL Ranch to do anything.

Hmmm, funny that the operations manager and CAL Ranch is also from Utah, makes one wonder if there is not some connection. This has everything to do with CAL Ranch because my neighbor is not just an employee but a manager and I was a frequent customer. Her decorum and diplomacy with customers should reflect the image the company wants to project. If they want to show that they are against backyard farming, her behavior is fine. If they want to keep us as customers it is not.

Now you're being paranoid. There is no connection at all between me and CAL Ranch. In fact, I'm not even from Utah, nor do I enjoy living in Utah. I also frequent Tractor Supply, because that is what is near me, but if I visit my parents down in southern Utah, I will still go to CAL Ranch.

OP...You made a new account to start this thread and replied to yourself with your other account.

This is just a little bit crazy.
Sorry, my mistake. No, there is nothing as interesting as that going on. I deleted the posts when we realized that I didn't log out and she was in my account. Call me a technophobe but I'm one of those people who doesn't have a smart phone. I like getting my calls without all the other crap.

Lol. I’d have to see the yard before I could pass judgement. There’s a lot of people that that think their rights are being infringed upon while they have an eye sore/sh*tpit of a yard.
You looking over my fence now?
I moved out here just so I could have a sh!t pit of a yard.
Every few years I just spray it all with gasoline burn everything and start filling it up again.
Sometimes while its all going up in flames I strip naked and run around shooting guns in the air.
I love the boondocks.

Back
Top Bottom