Aussie Spot ducklings- What sex are they?

yep, the quack dont lie. And would explain all that extra white too

Was looking over all your pics again too.

The 100% hen is a green head no doubt, saw a good back pic of her,

the others may be blues now that I have looked at all of them good. Was noticing some paler colors in the shoulder area and the brown looks tanner too.

Compare your breeder hen to the young hen and you'll see the color difference. The young hen is much darker over all on her back

Keep watching for those males black areas to darken up, they'll either be blue or dark jet black then you'll know without a doubt, thinking blues now though on the males.

I just thought I'd post a pic of one of the males. His head is actually green so I'm guessing he's a greenehead? I just love these little ducks they are so cute.

I'm assuming (hoping) I won't really have to worry about rehomeing them due to over mating the two females until the Spring?

eta: I just noticed on the forum when viewing the enlarged thumbnail his head looks blue but in reality it's a very shiny green
tongue.png
also note all the white on his back!

Last edited:
does look to be a green head but the black is what tells them apart not so much the actual head color. Look at his wings and tail, if they are shinny glossy black, it is a green head, if it's a dull black or bluecolor, then he's a blue head

Quote:
They are just a little bit larger than a call but not much and the personalities are very friendly and curious.

Quote:
They are just a little bit larger than a call but not much and the personalities are very friendly and curious.

well i just saw call ducks for the first time in person on friday and fell in love, I think I could fall for the Aussie spot too. they are adorable.

Quote:

well i just saw call ducks for the first time in person on friday and fell in love, I think I could fall for the Aussie spot too. they are adorable.

They are a lovely bird. The mother female Bella is a loud mouth but I don't think her call is quite as loud and piercing as a call females is. Bellas daughter JamieLeigh is loud too but she seldom makes her voice heard (so far).

Quote:

They are a lovely bird. The mother female Bella is a loud mouth but I don't think her call is quite as loud and piercing as a call females is. Bellas daughter JamieLeigh is loud too but she seldom makes her voice heard (so far).

Oh I forgot about the noise, we have muscovies so i forget that ducks do quack lol. well they couldn't be any louder than our Emden gander.

Back
Top Bottom