1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Austrailian Fires - Are Our BYC'ers Doing Ok??

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by BeckyLa, Feb 9, 2009.

1. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Well, I followed SpeckledHen's example and sprained my ankle so I haven't been on much the past few days. This borrowed laptop seems difficult to navigate though I am glad to have it to use.

So, I am wondering how our BYC'ers in Austrailia are doing since I have been reading about the horrendous wildfire down under. Have they checked in???

2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I was wondering exactly the same thing. Those fires have been unbelievable! I can't fathom the extent of the lives lost and the structural damage/destruction.

3. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    I guess no one has heard. Come on Aussies, check in!!!!!

4. chilling in muscadine

chilling in muscadine { I love being disfunctual }

Jun 8, 2008
    muscadine, al.
    Quote:I think it was Bantymum had started a thread. Maybe you can find it.

5. farmergal

farmergal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Nor Cal
    Prayers go out to everyone in Australia, and everyone with loved ones in Australia too. I was in Australia when my hometown of San Diego was burning down, and it was utterly terrifying... fire is so destructive and so quick... the devastation is so complete. Here's to getting those flames OUT and then healing and rebuilding.

P.S. -- I can't seem to find the other thread, anybody know where it is?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by