Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Greetings from Brissy!
frow.gif
I'm fairly new to the forums, but had been lurking for a while. I wanted to share with you pics of my little flock.

These three are the newest additions, the silkie is Agnes, the sussex is Iris and Esme is a little pekin who you can just see in this photo. Twas nap time after a lot of digging had taken place.

Here's a better shot of her. She's soooo little, just on four months now.

And these are my older girls, they're a year old now, Annabelle's a RIR/RIW cross and Ada's an Australorp/RIR cross. Ada looks evil, but is really very sweet. Annabelle's the current alpha. Silly, friendly, gets underfoot. Loves giving hugs. They were just trying to beat the heat under the big bottle brush tree in my yard here. Their first summer, well for all of them actually, and they're handling it pretty well.

Since the city council's limit is six chickens, I figured why not go all out, so I'm planning a sixth addition, another bantam most likely. Gotta say though, anyone considering a sussex, get one! My Iris is the friendliest, most sociable little chicken. She's exceeded all expectations I had after reading about them. Great little pal. Well, they all are, really. Little chickens get supervised free range time, still a bit young to mingle out with the big chickens full time. I've gotten quite the tan sitting watching them underneath our jacaranda.

Nice to meet you all :D

Greetings from Brissy! :frow I'm fairly new to the forums, but had been lurking for a while. I wanted to share with you pics of my little flock. These three are the newest additions, the silkie is Agnes, the sussex is Iris and Esme is a little pekin who you can just see in this photo. Twas nap time after a lot of digging had taken place. Here's a better shot of her. She's soooo little, just on four months now. And these are my older girls, they're a year old now, Annabelle's a RIR/RIW cross and Ada's an Australorp/RIR cross. Ada looks evil, but is really very sweet. Annabelle's the current alpha. Silly, friendly, gets underfoot. Loves giving hugs. They were just trying to beat the heat under the big bottle brush tree in my yard here. Their first summer, well for all of them actually, and they're handling it pretty well. Since the city council's limit is six chickens, I figured why not go all out, so I'm planning a sixth addition, another bantam most likely. Gotta say though, anyone considering a sussex, get one! My Iris is the friendliest, most sociable little chicken. She's exceeded all expectations I had after reading about them. Great little pal. Well, they all are, really. Little chickens get supervised free range time, still a bit young to mingle out with the big chickens full time. I've gotten quite the tan sitting watching them underneath our jacaranda. Nice to meet you all :D
Welcome. Our limit is 15 but I have that in adults plus 10 frizzles 4 weeks old , 8 other 4 week olds and around 4 dozen in the incubator.

Good morning Friends
frow.gif

Chicken-clucky your new little man is adorable and congratulations on your pressie; looking forward to the pics. Also, belated Happy Birthday
smile.png

sjturner79 love the pic of all your little ones
love.gif

Howdy Fizzybelle, nice to meet you .. your little flock is gorgeous .. love all the colours. Esme is such a little cutie.

Bunnings to the rescue … after ringing 6 stores .. one of the joys of living in Brisbane, a Bunnings on every corner
wink.png
…. We sourced a replacement canopy for the gazebo
cool.png

The Crows were driving me insane yesterday with their noise to the point that I walked out into the front garden and shouted “For &*^$ sake; SHUT UP!” .. now the neighbours have proof that I am crazy .. lol. They did, however, shut up
wink.png

Greetings from Brissy! :frow I'm fairly new to the forums, but had been lurking for a while. I wanted to share with you pics of my little flock. These three are the newest additions, the silkie is Agnes, the sussex is Iris and Esme is a little pekin who you can just see in this photo. Twas nap time after a lot of digging had taken place. Here's a better shot of her. She's soooo little, just on four months now. And these are my older girls, they're a year old now, Annabelle's a RIR/RIW cross and Ada's an Australorp/RIR cross. Ada looks evil, but is really very sweet. Annabelle's the current alpha. Silly, friendly, gets underfoot. Loves giving hugs. They were just trying to beat the heat under the big bottle brush tree in my yard here. Their first summer, well for all of them actually, and they're handling it pretty well. Since the city council's limit is six chickens, I figured why not go all out, so I'm planning a sixth addition, another bantam most likely. Gotta say though, anyone considering a sussex, get one! My Iris is the friendliest, most sociable little chicken. She's exceeded all expectations I had after reading about them. Great little pal. Well, they all are, really. Little chickens get supervised free range time, still a bit young to mingle out with the big chickens full time. I've gotten quite the tan sitting watching them underneath our jacaranda. Nice to meet you all :D
Welcome. :frow :welcome

Back
Top Bottom