Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

@Fancychooklady
I'm at Dapto High now in class looking for chickens to buy!! :D

Haha, that's hilarious.
1f604.png

Hi everyone, haven't been on since the end of July so busy. Just thought I'd catch up on some reading but there were over 400 posts so it will be slow going. I hope everyone (including chickens pets etc) are all doing well. I've hatched another 10 chicks, bantam australorps, light sussexs, leghorn and some cross pekin and bantam australorps, hoping to get some females this time. Every light Sussex I get is a male. I've just given away one more and 6 Isa's. My nephew had a dilemma he has 60 chooks and he's moving house. So my husband is going down south tomorrow to see how many he can pick up. Its supposed to be 20 pure bred (some he has imported). But chicken math at work it may be as many as 40. So we have been busy building and fencing. Some will have to be rehomed but we'll see. I am posting some pictures I don't even know what some of them are. But I'm very excited the original 20 are hand reared and his pets.
OMG I'd go mad. Beautiful. Lovely. Some are so georgous. I didn't think anyone had succeeded in importing anything though.

ok It appears the pics didnt post lol so here are some pics of my flock :) my two silkies, bigger baby is light sussex silkie cross little 4 day old is a araucana light sussex cross light sussex and buff sussex and my belgium x pekin my Pekin My light sussex roo and father to the chicks Plymouth rock my araucana (mother of 4 day old chick) and one silkie in the rain...just a fun pic :) polish frizzle araucana dry :)
Lovely and what a nice mix you have. I love that you're on the ground with them (I can see your shoe) I do that too to get photos.

Aww ... gee thanks MyHaven.      I get into a bit of trouble at times, cos I often say too much !!   :rolleyes:

Your chicken - I mentioned was a good size ... ( not as big as an Orp you said ) ... makes me wonder now, if Mandy is as big as I have always thought she was. !!

People who have chickens have remarked at her 'huge' size ... but then I know one  has silkies and araucanas, and another has bantams, and one with leghorns and isas.

Guess compared to them Mandy is indeed big.  

What breed is that gorgeous grey chicken shown in the photo ?  

Cheers ....     

Do you mean the Double laced Barnevelder in the background or the Aussie?

OMG I'd go mad. Beautiful. Lovely. Some are so georgous.

I didn't think anyone had succeeded in importing anything though.

There was a group that setup to specifically import a few new breeds in Australia. They ran 3 sets and it takes about 2 years as it needs to be done in several quarantine stages, moving only the eggs for the next stage.

MyHaven posted :

Do you mean the Double laced Barnevelder in the background or the Aussie?

_________________________________________________________________________________

MyHaven ....... site playing up again so hope this works ... for some reason I have lost the rich text editor !!!! :he ... hope it posts ok.

The below chicken ... on page 3070 ... and I have gone back and realised you said it was Lizzy.

... She's gorgeous.

Last edited:
Ah ha ... it worked. Saved the pic ... and reposted it - came up as html code - from my Docs. ???????? :/

Even the little funny little skewed emoticon here shows only as a colon and forward slash.

Has anyone else had this problem before ?

hmmm !!

OMG I'd go mad. Beautiful. Lovely. Some are so georgous.

I didn't think anyone had succeeded in importing anything though.

It cost him quite a few thousand, he lost a few chooks during a severe storm. That upset him a bit and a maran hen was mauled by a cat he nurse it for 2 months so there are about 20 that are very special to him. I only hope the neighbours don't mind till I get them sorted and some rehomed. I will quarantine them for a few weeks first. I don't know all the breeds I'm getting but there is a Phoenix hen in amongst the ones I'm getting and I've never seen one of them. I'm very excited and can't wait till tomorrow. :)

Back
Top Bottom