Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

And here's all three following my Faverolles, Barbara.
love.gif

What an adorable little quartet! Your faverolle looks so beautiful and fluffy, they're such a wonderful breed.

Thanks Fizzy. She had a sister, but she was taken by an eagle. I caught it red clawed! Couldn't be mad though as he is a stunning bird. They breed each year near our place. I also have some Sussex and Welsummers and a little OEG duck wing rooster. Hoping to add Spangled Hamburg and possibly Aracauna. I need to shift some other birds about first though!

Good to have you on board Woods!

Last edited:
hi everyone :) i am new here, first time chicken owner :) i am from Aberglasslyn NSW :) i have 3 chooks, Prissy (white leghorn) beauty ( black australorp) and a isa brown called Penny. i also have two dogs GSD called saxon and Aisna who is a Kelpie cross :) We have had the girls now for 2 weeks. very surprised how well they settled in taking themselves to bed on the 3rd night :) at 5.20pm.. after two nights of encouraging into their new house :)

welcome-byc.gif
You'll love it here. We have 19 chooks and a German shepherd his name is Bear. They are such beautiful dogs.

hi everyone :) i am new here, first time chicken owner :)  i am from Aberglasslyn NSW :) i have 3 chooks, Prissy (white leghorn) beauty ( black australorp) and a isa brown called Penny. i also have two dogs GSD called saxon and Aisna who is a Kelpie cross :) We have had the girls now for 2 weeks. very surprised how well they settled in taking themselves to bed on the 3rd night :) at 5.20pm.. after two nights of encouraging into their new house :)

:welcome :frow

Welcome to the Back Yard Chicken forum and specifically to this thread. You find us a friendly bunch.
Has anyone warned you about chicken maths yet?

Mark
in Cowra, NSW

Well,
My wife and I have just finished making (me), icing and decorating (her), and boxing up (both of us) 12 dozen cupcakes ready for the fete tomorrow.

I'm also taking some of my flock to sell at the fete:
2 x 18 week old Light Sussex Cockerels
6 x 8 week old barnyard mix bantams
7 x week and a half old banyard mix chicks

Hopefully I don't have to bring any home which will mean then I will only have:
5 x Wyandotte X RIR hens
1 x Light Sussex pullet
1 x Barred Plymouth Rock pullet
1 x Dark Plymouth Rock pullet
4 x Araucana chicks (at least on has to be a girl, surely!)

Good Morning all,

Yes it's too early to be up and the girls aren't even up yet.

Teila your girls will be fine. A few treats and spoils at the other end of their trip and they will settle in well.
Your neighbors cat looks beautiful and full of mischief !

Hi to the new comers. I love the photos of the girls !

I have a new hatch of silkies ATM.

One of my australorps is projectile pooping liquid. Has been doing it for a few days now. Worm her? Is that more likely to be any particular worm so is a particular wormer best? None of them are laying at the moment so it's a good time to do the lot anyway.

You can use Worm Out tablets or Avitrol plus tablets. They do all worms, including tape worm. They need to be orally administered. Or Avitrol plus liquid wormer in the water. Could also be symptomatic of a cocci infection. Easily treated. When did you worm last?

Back
Top Bottom