Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Yep, she's my Plymouth rock :) only kept the two crosses from yours. I keep going back and forth with them because I really want to keep at least one but they're so close I don't want to separate them and one is probably a boy. I really want some land so I can keep a few pens. Just a matter of finding something in my price range that is within bicycling distance :p

I'm a little confused by the light vs dark barred Plymouth rock thing. I know they're separate breeds here right? What happens when you breed them together? Could it work like golds with silvers where you can tell the gender of the chicks by color?
satay, how did yours turn out? Two dark barred girls right?

So, All of you in here that have incubators, You breed to sell? I'm just naturally curious as I don't know a heap about chickens at the moment and was planning on if we got babies to just leave them with mum and let her do her job?

I began construction on my new chookie house today, Just basic frame work so far but things are happening :)

Hi 3-little-chooks :)

I have 28 quail eggs in my incubator (all I could fit in). Day 3 today. When do I candle them?

Also Luke, question for you about meal worms. Should they breed now? Mine are not doing much. There are beetles in there, both dead and alive, but when I look through the wheat barn where they are I don't see any new worms. Am I being impatient?

I don't know a whole lot about mealies but hopefully you will have a whole load of eggs in there waiting to hatch, then you will get all those meal worms.

Mine took a real long time to get going, now they are on fire.
In time they should stagger out so you will have Beatles and worms going.

Yay :) I loved building mine, can't wait to do another.

I buy eggs of cool breeds and sell the chicks. Love the little babies but can't keep them all. :p the plan I'm working toward is to have a few breeds to breed and sell the eggs, so would mostly just incubate to check fertility.

Yay :) I loved building mine, can't wait to do another.

I buy eggs of cool breeds and sell the chicks. Love the little babies but can't keep them all. :p the plan I'm working toward is to have a few breeds to breed and sell the eggs, so would mostly just incubate to check fertility.

I keep meaning to ask, how are you finding the selling part? I'd love to have a go at hatching and maybe keep one or two but worry about how easy it would be to find homes for the others.

Also need to find out how many we are actually allowed here.

I keep meaning to ask, how are you finding the selling part? I'd love to have a go at hatching and maybe keep one or two but worry about how easy it would be to find homes for the others.

Also need to find out how many we are actually allowed here.

the selling part goes ok, still new to e erything though. Facebook is great for buying and selling. Maybe try to find a local poultry fb page or make one and pass the word around. There are also some national ones like eggs eggs and more eggs, poultry and poultry items for sale, down under feathers etc.

Back
Top Bottom