Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

That is such a beautiful spot to sit and enjoy your cuppa.   I need something like that.  I actually sit in there with them but that doesnt always work, this morning as I was concentrating on stopping my silkie getting out the gate as I went in with muffin in one hand and coffee in the other Carl the faverolle stole my muffin out of my other hand LOL   I turned  to look at her running off with that and the rest of them escaped.  My son was no help at all, he was too busy laughing at me.

Lol, I've learnt not to eat in front of them.

Welcome Sparkles, I'm from Vic too :)

How's your chick Pinky. Gaping could be gape worm which from memory I think can effect their legs too, they can get it from eating earth worms, snails and slugs but I don't think it is covered in your regular wormer, I think ivomectin based wormers do though. Botulism from eating something contaminated can effect their legs. Have you have tried vitamins and antibiotics?

My new breed in the incubator are cream legbar. Only a few with floating air cells so I'm hoping I get a few from the dozen. I'm giving my crap incubator happy positive vibes so that it might have a better hatch than last time. Fingers crossed

Soooo some of you may have seen me recently whinging that i can't have chicks? Well today i got two! Arghhh so excited! The lady i got them off said she could sex them by their colouring i got a Pekin and a Wheaten French Marans
wee.gif

I'm so happy! Here's hoping they're both pullets! She said she'd swop them if any are roos..

Is there anyone local to Latrobe Valley that has Pekin pullets for sale, just fancied one. Oh and I definitely have a rooster, which will be ok, only cos I love her (him) to bits. But I'm thinking I need to get rid of some of the old girls, I don't think I can do it :( but I can't keep getting new ones if they stay, anyone have a chook retirement home?

Last edited:
Awwww very happy for you sydneychickens, when I got mine about a month ago I got 3 pullets and 2 chicks about a week old. They have grown so much it's incredible, it is lovely to watch them grow. My are a cross breed but they have some amazing colours, can't put them with the big girls yet though.

WOW, wonderful pictures everyone.
Great chicks as well.

I have a question.
My frizzle has gone broody again for the 2nd time this month and my eggs are due to hatch in 7 days. So instead of having to raise them up all by myself I was going to put the eggs under her to hatch.
When would be the best time to put the eggs under her? now? at shutdown? or when the chicks are hatching/hatched???

WOW, wonderful pictures everyone.
Great chicks as well.

I have a question.
My frizzle has gone broody again for the 2nd time this month and my eggs are due to hatch in 7 days. So instead of having to raise them up all by myself I was going to put the eggs under her to hatch.
When would be the best time to put the eggs under her? now? at shutdown? or when the chicks are hatching/hatched???

Luke, I usually wait until they are hatched and stick them under her during the night. But others probably do it differently.

Look at this ad. Would look really cute. http://www.farmstock.com.au/Classifieds/sale/333989.html

Back
Top Bottom