1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    My brother on his honeymoon went to Oktoberfest in Germany.. Pitty he enjoyed it so much he can't really remember it. Lucky his wife took lots of pictures lol

2. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Aint nothing wrong with having some fun Jellybean that's for sure. :) We have many different friends from many cultures and religions. Part of why I find them fascinating I guess you can learn so much from others that are different to yourself and if involves a bit of fun to boot even the better :)

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  3. babyfoot

babyfoot Chillin' With My Peeps

Ahhhhh no easter bunny in our house when kids were wee. I always told them the truth, that the egg was a symbolic thing, of the stone rolled away down the hill when Jesus rose again and left the cave he was in. We would paint our real eggs too after they'd been hard boiled and then we would roll them down a hill, we weren't allowed to eat it until it had cracked on the way down. That was a fun day out as we had to find a hill. Always a family day and a picnic involved. Aren't different cultures amazing.

4. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Overrun With Chickens

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    I met a local lady who says she is a " white witch " she has a fire pit with rams head on stick and all.
    Apparently they have some wild times out there. While I find that all very intriguing , I have no desire to join in. My hubby is a Pom and his mum insisted they keep some tradition s but she always said
    " when in Rome , do as the Romans do." My ancestry is Chinese,American, Scottish and English.
    Imagine trying to uphold the centuries of tradition there .but all that being said, I wish you a happy Halloween [​IMG]

5. SydneyChickens

SydneyChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    I've had her for about 4 weeks now and she's the boss, very settled! She's a fav chook so we can't be mad at her.. It's so weird i have said this many many times BUT i really think the RIR will lay soon! Someone was scratching around the nest box I noticed and the hay and bedding was in clumps and spread around and she did a weird squat thing when i went to pick her up today also her face has been really red! [​IMG] I'm getting myself all excited which i have done every week for the past 6 weeks! LOL

Awwwwwwww FANCY the pics kill me! Gosh you have some good looking chooks!

6. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Overrun With Chickens

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Thanks Sydney, it could be a combination of the resettling and hot weather that have stalled things. Don't worry it will happen soon. A watched kettle never boils.

7. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah he loves sitting and watching them. Though the ones we have are not very friendly. So I want to fix that. Very therapeutic. The cattle dog sits and he is patient while the young fella hugs him same as the budgie who climbs on him.

8. IamSamSam

[​IMG]

Chicken treat. Celery cabbage silverbeet 4 slices bread avc and water to mixer to chop and cracked corn rolled oats soaked barley. And wolla girls loved it

9. IamSamSam

[​IMG]

dogs and chickens can definitely get along

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by