Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

I have three pullets (no very close to standard mind you) that are pretty much the same age as yours.

We have another very brassy clean faced pullet too but no recent pic's of her.

Our first started to lay at 19 weeks, the other two just started about 22/23 weeks.

Ruby66,
I am nearly certain you have a cockerel as a tell tail sign on cockerels Is the darker feathers at the top of the wing. If it has any pointy feathers coming through on its saddle it is a boy. If you post a close up of the saddle feathers we will be ale to tell you for sure. Different strains of birds mature at different times so yours looks to just be a late bloomer.

Last edited:
Seems my pullet radar is off tonight, that's two I have thrown my hat in on and been out numbered on hahahaha

Good thing I don't do this for a living!

CB, did you see Satay's post a few pages back asking who the 'Lorp breeder was in this thread? I name dropped you.

Hi, boy or girl please?

Looks like a rooster to me.

I had a Lavender Araucana I thought was a pullet. Was roughly 18 weeks old when I discovered it was a roo. He didn't crow once though, but developed splash dark patches on his wings and grew some suspect saddle feathers. I exchanged him for a pullet from the lady I got him from, who is now using him for breeding.

My Blue Australorps are hatching! I have 2 out and plenty more pipping. I love Australorps, the second they dry I'm stuck wondering how such a big chicks came from those eggs... The contortionists of the chick world.

8 turkey eggs in lockdown tomorrow. All look great so hopefully I'll have a much better hatch than last time and un-like last time, these are eggs from my hens whom I know have been fed nutritious feed so if I have a shocking hatch rate, it's me who's the problem.

Back
Top Bottom