Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Beautiful chicks Luke :) and ash, the white Plymouth rocks are huge now! I have some just a month behind yours. I stil can't tell male or female with the whites but you seem to have a definite roo there. Are they the original four whites or from the second batch?
I'm thinking of offering a dozen marans eggs (they've started laying!) To anyone that can come positively sex them.

I'm pretty happy with the eggs. I think one of the hens is having an issue though. I'm getting two nice brown eggs a day and two thin(almost no)-shelled whitish eggs a day from three hens. So somebody is laying two :-\ I'm hoping it's just because she's new to it. The other thought is that it may be princess emiko, my Yokohama. She's turned out to be a he but you sometimes here stories of roosters laying eggs.

Can't seem to upload any pictures :-\

Beautiful chicks Luke :) and ash, the white Plymouth rocks are huge now! I have some just a month behind yours. I stil can't tell male or female with the whites but you seem to have a definite roo there. Are they the original four whites or from the second batch?
I'm thinking of offering a dozen marans eggs (they've started laying!) To anyone that can come positively sex them.

I'm pretty happy with the eggs. I think one of the hens is having an issue though. I'm getting two nice brown eggs a day and two thin(almost no)-shelled whitish eggs a day from three hens. So somebody is laying two :-\ I'm hoping it's just because she's new to it. The other thought is that it may be princess emiko, my Yokohama. She's turned out to be a he but you sometimes here stories of roosters laying eggs.

Hi pinky, long time no see. I had to update my iPad when I had that issue.

Love it
2665.png
My chicks! It is for sure 100% Frizzle now.lol. I just don't know what to make of him/her.

Araucanas are notoriously difficult to sex.  At that age for roosters,  look for larger birds with thicker legs , bigger feet, 
and more developed combs.

xxxx   M

Thank you very much I really appreciate it, I will go have a sticky and see what I have. Do you know what age they start to become more easily to sex? Other than waiting for it to crow :D

Beautiful chicks Luke
smile.png
and ash, the white Plymouth rocks are huge now! I have some just a month behind yours. I stil can't tell male or female with the whites but you seem to have a definite roo there. Are they the original four whites or from the second batch?

Welcome back.

I have a total of 6 of your white Rocks, and 3 more of your Barred rocks. Very few hens that I can identify though.
Thin shelled eggs often happen with young layers before their system settles down
(Rehearsals start again tonight - at last!)
(Carole Harvey was asking after you today, wondering how you were.)

xxxx M

Welcome back.

I have a total of 6 of your white Rocks, and 3 more of your Barred rocks.  Very few hens that I can identify though.
Thin shelled eggs often happen with young layers before their system settles down
(Rehearsals start again tonight - at last!)
(Carole Harvey was asking after you today, wondering how you were.)

xxxx    M

Are you and pinky in a group together ? Reference to the rehearsals.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom