Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Aaaw, poor little Frizzles, I think they are kind of cute in a quirky way
roll.png

Delurking to say "Hi" and post an update :frow

Congratulations on successful hatches and commiserations on loses :(
As always, beautiful pictures on this thread!

Sadly, I will never know for sure if Suzi the 5 month old Silkie was a pullet .. she passed away last week.
At the beginning of the week she had a touch of diarrhoea but otherwise was fine.  I thought it was about time for a worming so that was done.  She came good and was back to normal for the rest of the week.  Checked everyone had got to bed OK on Thursday night; no dramas all happy and healthy.  Friday morning Suzi was laying on her side in the nest box, when I spoke to her she opened her eyes, tried to lift her head and then closed her eyes, she passed away not long after that :hit
I have no idea what happened .. maybe she ate something she shouldn't have or something bit her.  Devastated! :(

So I now have a single Silkie, Tina, which I have read over and over is not good as they like the company of other Silkies.  She is doing fine with her Aunty Dusty, Bantam Langshan and seems to be trying to make friends with Cilla's 5 week old Pekin Cochin bubbies, Tammy and Blondie who appear to like her also.

Three of the chicks went to their new home last week and one of the two I kept is definitely a pullet, still not sure on gender of the other one yet; thinking pullet which is why I kept her.

When the three chicks left, I decided it was time to remove the dividing wire and I now have one run, two coops and 5 mixed bantams who seem to be getting along pretty well.  

Like everyone else, we have had some pretty soggy days of late but I am hoping to get some nice pictures to share over the weekend.

Take care and happy chickens! :yiipchick  

PS.  I think I need a Frizzle too! :)

:hugs. Sorry about your Silkie, I too lost my mumma wyandotte that died on her nest with 4 new chicks under her. Now I'm their adopted mum they are all doing so well :weee

Thank you Karen ... sorry to read about your loss also
sad.png

Beautiful picture of your bubbies!

Took these today ... Tina with HER watermelon:

Cilla and bubbies (and Mr Garden Gnome):

If it was OK to have a favourite, Blondie would probably be the one
wink.png

(Please excuse the chicken poop ... I am sure everyone is used to it! lol)

Back
Top Bottom