Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Good evening to you all, I have a quick question about vaccinations. I was wondering what schedule you follow and what you vacc for? We've had fowl pox break out in our young flock, they all seem to be coping ok, I'm swabing them all with betadine but we want to start vaccinating our chicks as they hatch, so this doesn't happen again. From what I have read we have had the perfect weather and environment here at the foot of the Blue Mountains for it to thrive. Also if anyone has any tips for treating them until it passes would be great.
Thanks

Good evening to you all, I have a quick question about vaccinations. I was wondering what schedule you follow and what you vacc for? We've had fowl pox break out in our young flock, they all seem to be coping ok, I'm swabing them all with betadine but we want to start vaccinating our chicks as they hatch, so this doesn't happen again. From what I have read we have had the perfect weather and environment here at the foot of the Blue Mountains for it to thrive. Also if anyone has any tips for treating them until it passes would be great.
Thanks
I'm such a bad mother, I have to say that I just left it and it went away by itself over a couple of days. Fortunately it never spread to her sisters. No scarring...it's impossible to tell she had it now, and it was only a few months back.

Thanks

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...x-xxx-rated-graphic-pictures-of-pus-and-scabs

This may help. I lost 2 hens to this last year and had to put my roo down. The Mosquitos transmit it.

If only it was that easy lol. I would love it. Now I am sure the licence people would not appreciate me having it in a cage but I would be happy to release it on our property.:lol:
On second thoughts send it to Sam.. She is closer and her hubby would love it lol, Ok he might not but sam would :)

LOL too true. Beautiful snake. But am sorry for your loss Lucas

@cluckcluckluke sorry about your quails
hugs.gif

Thanks
smile.png

Do you think my girls two girls are ready to move outside? I have an EE and a Frizzle (she's so little!) that hatched on 24 Feb 14. I put them out during the day but have been bringing them in over night under a heat lamp. It will get down to around 14-15 degrees overnight and I can't put the heater out there.

Do you think my girls two girls are ready to move outside? I have an EE and a Frizzle (she's so little!) that hatched on 24 Feb 14. I put them out during the day but have been bringing them in over night under a heat lamp. It will get down to around 14-15 degrees overnight and I can't put the heater out there.

I usually put mine out at 6-8 weeks, so song as they have ' feathered in '. Best to acclimatize them while we are having this lovely autumn weather. So long as they have each other to cuddle up to and somewhere safe and dry to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom