Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Results at 12.00 today - - 62% fertility with the Aras. 20% fertility with the Light Sussex. 0% fertility with the frizzles.
I will leave remeining eggs for a couple more days, but not hopeful.
Oh, that's frizzapointing! (sorry)

I'd like to start feeing the chickens outside their sleeping/coop area to minimise the rats that are partying in there every night on the dropped pellets. Is there a contraption I can put outside that is weatherproof enough that the grain won't get soggy? I've got one of those classic plastic hanging feeders with the green bottom, but it's obviously not going to cut it outside. I asked at Enfield Pet & Produce today and they just looked at me blankly. I was thinking that a metal bin lid suspended on the wire above the feeder may suffice, but would welcome any suggestions.
I bought a cup waterer from the Easter Show which I've stuck on the bottom of a two litre drink bottle and it is fantastic. The chickens took to it straight away which was a relief...no more leaves kicked into their water pot!

A few more out this morning.
congrats. .. Even the colour of your eggs are amazing
1f60d.png

When J was at school we just hired the laptops then the whole class had the same one and they were updated each year. Would be hard you think in a class if each child had something different.
Now the pc is another question, I have 2tb of ram (I think it is ) and a heap of other stuff as J picked it out. He has his own pc which is similar to mine but more aimed at web design and gaming. Unfortunately living in the bush my internet is never gunner match my p.c.
ooh I feel soooo old, when I was at school we had typing classes and we were so chuffed that we had electric typewriters, the big IBM ones we had to carry from the back of the room to our desks. No computers for us haha

Oh, that's frizzapointing! (sorry)

I'd like to start feeing the chickens outside their sleeping/coop area to minimise the rats that are partying in there every night on the dropped pellets. Is there a contraption I can put outside that is weatherproof enough that the grain won't get soggy? I've got one of those classic plastic hanging feeders with the green bottom, but it's obviously not going to cut it outside. I asked at Enfield Pet & Produce today and they just looked at me blankly. I was thinking that a metal bin lid suspended on the wire above the feeder may suffice, but would welcome any suggestions.
I bought a cup waterer from the Easter Show which I've stuck on the bottom of a two litre drink bottle and it is fantastic. The chickens took to it straight away which was a relief...no more leaves kicked into their water pot!

There are very few helpful people at that place. Everyone else seems to be off in lala land. There's a DIY thread here somewhere for feeders that might be helpful. Otherwise perhaps some kind of trigger based feeder?

Back
Top Bottom