Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Wow, does the excitement of a hatch ever diminish? I sure hope not!

Gave Tina eggs on the 1st; they were shipped as a dozen, got held up in the post office over the weekend, some were cracked, some were borderline on age (9 days) and others over but seen as this was her first try, I took a chance on the ones under 10 days and not cracked (5).

Just as I mentioned to hubby that the suspense was killing me, Tina announced that she was off the nest, having a stretch and a bite to eat. I do believe I broke my PB getting from the house to the coop!

Against all odds WE HAVE A PIP!!!
celebrate.gif

Wow, does the excitement of a hatch ever diminish? I sure hope not!

Gave Tina eggs on the 1st; they were shipped as a dozen, got held up in the post office over the weekend, some were cracked, some were borderline on age (9 days) and others over but seen as this was her first try, I took a chance on the ones under 10 days and not cracked (5).

Just as I mentioned to hubby that the suspense was killing me, Tina announced that she was off the nest, having a stretch and a bite to eat. I do believe I broke my PB getting from the house to the coop!

Against all odds WE HAVE A PIP!!!
celebrate.gif

That's so considerate of Tina to let you know. : ) And congrats on the pip! Not long now.
jumpy.gif

Thank you cwrite
smile.png

Tina is a Silkie and my quietest little girl, never sings the egg song but during her whole 3 weeks she announced, in her best peacock impersonations, that she was off the nest. Very funny to hear; I have never heard a chicken make such a racket! The neighbours probably know when she was off the nest!

Wow, does the excitement of a hatch ever diminish?  I sure hope not!

Just as I mentioned to hubby that the suspense was killing me, Tina announced that she was off the nest, having a stretch and a bite to eat.  I do believe I broke my PB getting from the house to the coop!

Against all odds WE HAVE A PIP!!! :celebrate  

Yay!, how exciting! Gives me hope for ours.

Looking forward to first photos after they arrive!

Because the odds were not good, I did a pretty good job of not getting excited over the past 3 weeks but boy oh boy am I making up for it now! lol.

I have all these things I should be doing and I am pacing around the place like an expectant father!
fl.gif

Crack out the cigars Teila. Lol. Hope it goes well!

Does anyone know if the eggs that were warmed under Snowy for a few days are still ok to eat? I've seen a float test mentioned, but am not sure if the floaters or sinkers are the ones that are ok.

Crack out the cigars Teila.  Lol.  Hope it goes well!

Does anyone know if the eggs that were warmed under Snowy for a few days are still ok to eat?  I've seen a float test mentioned, but am not sure if the floaters or sinkers are the ones that are ok.

How many days? Don't forget it's nearly 38 degrees under her so I think I'd be chucking them.

Crack out the cigars Teila.  Lol.  Hope it goes well!

Does anyone know if the eggs that were warmed under Snowy for a few days are still ok to eat?  I've seen a float test mentioned, but am not sure if the floaters or sinkers are the ones that are ok.

sinkers are ok. floaters will float with one end up.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom