Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

@AussieChics
ep.gif
, Egg on the roof???? LOL! That's funny!
lau.gif

@smogowkezma. Hard to tell without seeing either the mum or others from the clutch but the tail and comb look rooserish to me, but in some breeds you can get those big combs and tails on a hen. You might get a broader response from the what breed / sex forum rather than the Aussie social forum

Last edited:
Good morning folks
frow.gif

Wow AussieChics your gals sure do sound like they are into making some mischief at the moment; apparently Plan A is keeping you on your toes
wink.png

smhoekzema I am thinking rooster also.

We had to run an errand to Capalaba yesterday and as we needed more chicken feed, called into the Produce Store on the way home.

They had the cutest little Pekin Frizzles but I have my suspicions one was a rooster and they were running around out the back so not even sure they were up for sale.

Anyways, in the car on the way home I mentioned to hubby “It is a good job Cilla is sitting on eggs or we would be integrating a new frizzle or frizzles”. His sigh of relief was quite audible
lau.gif

Given the option of quarantine and integration of a new hen(s) versus hatching here; I definitely prefer option 2 but boy oh boy, they sure were cute!

Fingers crossed that out of 8 eggs at least one is a frizzle hen .. I won’t push my luck but seen as I have room for two, it would be nice if I get to keep two from this hatch
fl.gif

I guess because she was broody for a week before the eggs, this hatch seems to be taking a long time! Part of that is probably also the fact that Cilla is such a good broody and besides a daily check of the eggs for cracks etc, it is a bit of a ‘set and forget’ scenario.

She is the only one of my broody’s who will take a drink on the nest. For all her hatches, I offered her a tiny cup of water on the hot days and she takes a drink. I tried this with Blondie and Tina on the hot days and got screeched at for my troubles or they just refused to drink. I wonder sometimes if she is actually thirsty or if it is just a thing we have and she just enjoys being waited on
wink.png

Last edited:
She's so lovely, I hope my Ginny is a good broody, I'd love to hatch some chickies.
My mil came to take my boys for the day this morning and while I was out the front the girls came to tell me their feeder was empty, got some photos :)

And have to share our newest litter of rats. First time match, will definitely be putting them together again, I don't think any of these will make it to snake food, too adorable!

Back
Top Bottom