Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Quote:
Im near Coffs Harbour, NSW but I do postage (+$20 express).
If you want check out http://mymarans.webs.com/ for all information on my birds
smile.png

Hello all! 
I'm quite aware that this is very off topic, and that normally I ought to go to the BST sub-section, but I can't find anyone selling any poultry at all in Australia there. Are there by chance any breeders of pea fowl, ducks (any variety is of interest to me), guinea fowl, geese or turkeys in South-eastish NSW?  
I'm willing to travel further if there are no breeders at semi-affordable prices nearby.
Thanks. :) 

I'm in Riverstone western Sydney and I should have some ducklings and chicks this season. Pics on my profile page.
*shy wave*
Hello my fellow Auzzies so great to meet you!

That sounds frought with danger! We lost chickens to a fox years ago and we are literally 2 min drive to the town centre. Nowhere is safe from them. (Well except tassie of course :)

It's not ideal & we went to a lot of trouble to build a snake proof enclosure. However, after I allowed them to free-range, they insisted on free-ranging from 20 minutes before the crack on dawn, which in Summer is pretty early so that's what happened. The developers trapped a while ago as there was a wild dog - and then they bulldozed ALL the trees and bush behind us so if they missed any critters, unless they like living in a barren wasteland they have moved on.

That dog we looked after while I tried to find it's owners has been back though, sniffing at the gate - and it still doesn't have a collar with any identification.
rant.gif
I had people knock on my front door and ask if I knew where the owners lived as they were worried it would be hit by a car. I had to bite my tongue not to say I wished the owners were as worried about it.

Got my first shell less egg today. Hopefully it's a one off as our water supply is 7% calcium carbonate. It makes chalk just by leaving the water in the sun. If I get more I'll have to look into absorb toon supplements.

I used to live in an area like that. When builders cleared & dug foundations it looked like it had snowed there was so much chalk. Our neighbour had to run acid through their pipes to clear the build up of calcium and then flush all the acid out! I'd never even heard of such a thing before. I sure don't' miss it, but never thought about chickens drinking that water. Perhaps it's absorption rather than total calcium intake that's the problem, or it could just be a one off in a young hen?

Back
Top Bottom