Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

yesss.gif
Awesome!

I finally found my lost white frizzle hen. She was nesting right beside (like covered in ash that's how close) the huge bonfire we had last night. Not even sure how we didn't notice her or her eggs.

She and the 14 eggs she has managed to hide so well until now are fine and about 1 week along. That's just a guess after candling.
Ive put a tarp over to protect her from rain but other than that I'm going to leave this hatch up to mother nature. Will be interesting to see how those chicks go compared to the ones I will be hatching the incubator and bringing up. Nature vs Nurture.

I finally found my lost white frizzle hen. She was nesting right beside (like covered in ash that's how close) the huge bonfire we had last night. Not even sure how we didn't notice her or her eggs.

She and the 14 eggs she has managed to hide so well until now are fine and about 1 week along. That's just a guess after candling.
Ive put a tarp over to protect her from rain but other than that I'm going to leave this hatch up to mother nature. Will be interesting to see how those chicks go compared to the ones I will be hatching the incubator and bringing up. Nature vs Nurture.

I put my money on Mother Nature! My silkie's chicks are tough as anything and heaps smart
1f60a.png
compared to the Marian's I hatched they are so fragile and not as hardy
1f60a.png

Please indulge me while I share some pics ;) My little girls turn 19 weeks tomorrow and for 'mutts' I think they turned out quite pretty. Crystal: KiKi .. I love the 'flame' look around her neck: With mumma, Cilla: KiKi: And threw one in of Auntie Blondie having a siesta in the shade:
beautiful

Yipeee
1f389.png
1f60a.png
hope they keep coming! I have been getting five eggs a day and we can't keep up
1f60a.png
there's only four of us in the family so I think I got a bit chook crazy lol

My excess are sold to a lady that has a vegetarian daughter. She says she loved the "samsam" eggs better and begged her mother to get as many as she can lol

I just replied to Lucas that the mumma raised with be smaller longer but hardier / stronger birds. I had 4 eggs under my Aussie and put 20 in the bator. The mumma ones were hardier but they were smaller birds

So glad you found her Luke. I'll keep my fingers crossed that after all her efforts to sit she has a great hatch.:fl

Back
Top Bottom