Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Hey everyone! I know you're mostly chicken peeps, but I have a quail question. Does anyone know of a list of quail breeders by state? I find it so strange that there isn't one when there are lists available for every other animal under the sun!
Or alternatively, does anyone know of any NSW coturnix breeders that are actively hatching?
Thaannkkss :fl
Not sure if your still looking, but I have gotten some chickens from this place earlier this year located if Victoria and they do quail as well: https://milkenecofarm.com.au/. You may be able to arrange shipping with them. I understand that your looking for NSW Coturnix quail breeders, but you may want to check it out.

Oh... Did that duckling hatch late or something?
Tbh I’m not sure… it’s possible it’s a cross breed so it could have hatched late or early (Cayuga x Muscovy) as Cayuga take 28 days Muscovy take 35 and this duckling hatched on day 33…. Was also an assisted hatch as he was shrink wrapping and stuck in the egg… assisted 24hrs after I noticed external pip… he also has a funny leg that splays out when he walks (I’ve popped the tendon back in already) and the foot on that leg turns in and his toes are curled so he’s not really walking around much… his little wings also flap like crazy when he is walking or standing…

Tbh I’m not sure… it’s possible it’s a cross breed so it could have hatched late or early (Cayuga x Muscovy) as Cayuga take 28 days Muscovy take 35 and this duckling hatched on day 33…. Was also an assisted hatch as he was shrink wrapping and stuck in the egg… assisted 24hrs after I noticed external pip… he also has a funny leg that splays out when he walks (I’ve popped the tendon back in already) and the foot on that leg turns in and his toes are curled so he’s not really walking around much… his little wings also flap like crazy when he is walking or standing…
The poor thing! I have no ideas. I've never had a chick that wouldn't eat before. Are there any other chicks in with him? (Do you call baby ducklings chicks?) Because the other chicks (?) might teach him to eat.

The poor thing! I have no ideas. I've never had a chick that wouldn't eat before. Are there any other chicks in with him? (Do you call baby ducklings chicks?) Because the other chicks (?) might teach him to eat.
A baby duckling is just a duckling they grow to be ducks… a chick is a chick as they grow to be chickens…I have just put him in with the chicks and the other duckling he’s slowly started eating and he’s having small amounts of water…. Walking much better and peeping like a normal baby…. He’s coming along just be it a bit slower than normal…

Back
Top Bottom