Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Oh Ducky hope your feeling better soon. J has had a chest infection this past week,so he is on the antibiotic thing too. Love your brooder ashburn :)

Sorry guys n gals going to Canberra

Canberra hit by wild weather

Clarissa Thorpe, Tuesday June 5, 2012 - 16:31 EST
newsfile

Fallen trees and branches from wild weather at Curtin Primary School in Canberra's south. - ABC
More than 130 calls for help have been received by the ACT State Emergency Service today after wild weather across the region.

A low pressure system has moved north from Victoria bringing high winds and persistent rain across the ACT and southern New South Wales.

The majority of calls for help involved trees and branches across roads and pathways.

So far only minor damage from the stormy weather has been reported.

In Canberra's south, Coolamon Court and parts of Weston Creek were left without power for about an hour after winds damaged power lines.

ACT residents who require storm or flood assistance are being urged to contact the ACT SES on 132 500.

Wet coast

The NSW South Coast has been hit hard with average wind speeds of 100 kilometres an hour recorded near Ulladulla this afternoon.

The weather bureau is predicting a large swell along the coast causing problems for shipping and recreational boaters.

The largest astronomical high tide of the year is expected between Batemans Bay and Newcastle about 9 o'clock tonight which will add to the wave strength along the coast.

Oh Wow- That is bad... But I am hoping that the wild weather will have blown over by the time I get there... Sunny and light winds are forecast... Fingers crossed it will stay that way.

Hey so am I, I dont wanna be cooped up with kids in Canberra cold ! Did you know there is a dino exhibit there atm ? Im taking the kids. Apparently it has a reptile mini farm / display inside and a big real dino bones too.

still cant wait !

Chikees 123- I did see the news about the terrible storms. Hope you survived unscathed. I have been kind of AWOL for a few days while in Canberra and have 5 days to catch up on now. Just got home about half an hour ago but will post some photos etc when I have some time over the next few days. Canberra was awesome- kind of a pity it only happens once every four years!

Hi Everyone,

Two of my Australorps have now started laying, fancy that in Winter. My first 2 ever eggs.
yesss.gif
Today I received 2 more which makes a total of 10 eggs now and they are a little bit bigger than the first 2. They seem to be getting bigger now as they continue to lay. The picture below are the first 2 and they weighed 51 & 52 grams the latest ones weigh 55 grams. How exciting - I have also noticed that the membrane is quite thick and strong - I hope this is a good thing.

Cheers

Chrissy
yippiechickie.gif
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom