Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Hi everyone
smile.png

I'm from that funny little island and the weather is absolutely gorgeous. Except for the couple of light frosts the last couple of mornings it is more like spring here which is probably why all my girls have decided to start setting and hatching chickens flat out the past few weeks.

"weather is absolutely gorgeous"..........Whaa, where are you again ? jees im just over the water from you and its "Bloody freezing".
My other half just got back from Alaska 3 days ago and it was warmer there than Vic.

Cheers.........The Dog

People around here say that Mount Barker is 4 degrees cooler than Adelaide. It's said Upper Sturt is 3 degrees cooler than that.

Bear with me while I set up an illustration for my point. There are three 'towns'; Town S (Upper Sturt), Town I, and Town C. Town I is very small (people-wise), and the main roads are Road I and Road P. Road P is very long, narrow, and windy. Road I is the one you use to passed from Town S to Town C.

A friend of mine lives in Town C, and her mother lives in Town S, and she said the other day that when she was at her mother's, her car thermometer read 9 degrees. She drove along Road I to get home, and where Town S turned into Town I, it read 8. As she passed the end of Road P, it read 6. By the time she got into Town C, it read 8 degrees again.

The moral of the story? Even when everyone says Coromandel Valley is the coldest place in the Hills, the middle of Ironbank is 2 degrees colder.

I don't mean to complain, I just thought that was a funny story. Maybe if you don't live in this area it won't make sense, though.

I was about to say I like this weather. And I do; I've always loved the rain and the cold (yes, I'm crazy). However, then I walked out the back door and found my gum boots sinking into the ground and making disturbing squelching noises (the noises I'm blaming on my sister's ducks, who seem to have covered the ground in... well, you know). I like the rain, but not when it turns the chook run into a bog.

"weather is absolutely gorgeous"..........Whaa, where are you again ? jees im just over the water from you and its "Bloody freezing".
My other half just got back from Alaska 3 days ago and it was warmer there than Vic.

Cheers.........The Dog

I'm in the north east part of Tassie near Ringarooma. Don't get me wrong the last 2 night have been a tad frosty but the days have been really nice and sunny. It's always crappy weather across the creek lol. I would say we will have a very mild winter this year again. Our wattle trees and blackwood trees are flowering together again which usually means a nice hot summer
wee.gif

Love your avatar Big Dog!!!! I was supposed to be heading up to my block of land up in the gold fields to do some detecting this weekend- but have had an interview scheduled instead now.

Last edited:
shhhhhhh.........666, it is the most MISERABLE day here in Tassie today,but we have had a run of really nice weather that is true. Can't help thinking of all those poor souls in the fires in the U.S.,and their animals,both domestic and livestock. think I would rather have the grey and miserable than that!

shhhhhhh.........666, it is the most MISERABLE day here in Tassie today,but we have had a run of really nice weather that is true. Can't help thinking of all those poor souls in the fires in the U.S.,and their animals,both domestic and livestock. think I would rather have the grey and miserable than that!
Your so right wooklet, I think I should have shushed about the weather, I have doomed us to couple of days of rain lol. Know what you mean about the fires as I keep thinking about them also. Fire not controlled is a terrible force and so destructive and lethal for animals.

I have seen some of the footage... it doesnt matter if its hear in Oz in January.... or somewhere else it always heartbreaking to see the horrible images- especially when they show animals.

Does anyone on here read Grass Roots or Australasian Poultry?

Back
Top Bottom