Australians - Where are you all????

Quote:
i got som silkies, but i live in qld
sad.png

Quote:
oh, I'm so sorry.
on a good(ish) note. we had a rat massacre here today
sickbyc.gif
i knew we had a rat problem due to us leaving food out because we hadn't been living where the chookies were, but now we are here, its open slather. They hadn't been going near the bait or traps i've been setting out so today we found a nest (I had a suspicion it was there) uncovered it and squashed the ones we could catch (about half). to save my reputation i'm not going to tell you all how many we got, but it was a lot.
tomorrow i'm going to uncover another place that i think might have a nest in it.
(groans) I feel so feral and yucky telling you all this. but we live in just the perfect area for rats, having the chickens just wasn't helping.

Quote:
Have you birds near you when you uncover it, they'll get excited and eat the babies. I did that with mine and a mouse nest once, now they'll go after anything small, furry and tasty (to them) They even chase the rats along the fence with our jack russell as a pack!!!! It's hilarious!

Now if I ever get accused of my chickens attracting vermin, I can tell them that the chickens are the control! not the cause!!

Quote:
i wish we lived on that size propety. we live on 14'000 acres and its too much for me and mum.

heeeeey, wanna swap
bun.gif

what other animals do you have on your farm.

a few thousand cattle, some horses, 3 dogs, wild birds who eat out of your hand, some wild baby kittens in the hay shed, it was so cute! chooks, (of course) wild-pet ducks, annnnnnnnd. umm think thats about that. and do you mean swap animals, chooks and stuff. or places. and what town do you live near.

the hens were locked on the other side of the fence but they were still trying to get them. I got a few roosters and put them beside the nest after i found the rats. they didn't get them though, more like jumping in the air when one got too close
roll.png
I didn't want the hens to be there because i've been poisoning the rats and I don't want there to even be the tinniest chance of my ladies getting poisoned. I have witnessed my chickens kill and eat a mouse before.
sickbyc.gif

picture me chasing the chickens chasing the mouse. around & around & around.

Quote:
heeeeey, wanna swap
bun.gif

what other animals do you have on your farm.

a few thousand cattle, some horses, 3 dogs, wild birds who eat out of your hand, some wild baby kittens in the hay shed, it was so cute! chooks, (of course) wild-pet ducks, annnnnnnnd. umm think thats about that. and do you mean swap animals, chooks and stuff. or places. and what town do you live near.

I mean places.
tongue.png

Im on the outskirts of the sunshine coast. I went through Rockhampton on our way to longreach it was nice. I REALLY didn't want to leave longreach though, I loved it so much.
what kind of cows do you have?

Last edited:
Quote:

I mean places.
tongue.png

Im on the outskirts of the sunshine coast. I went through Rockhampton on our way to longreach it was nice. I REALLY didn't want to leave longreach though, I loved it so much.
what kind of cows do you have?

we actually want to move, but to yeppoon. north of rocky. we have, herefords, brafords, brahman's, angus, brangus, mutts.
we have a lot. but one of our neighbours are coppiers. all they had was white brahmans and some reds. then we get some
herefords, they get some herefords, we get some angus, they get some angus, we get some charolae (bad spelling) they
get some charolae! and just so you know. say cattle. cows are literally just refering to females who are old enough to breed.
cattle refer to all.
wink.png
OMG, am i really correcting you for that!
gig.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom