Australians - Where are you all????

Thanks for the reply. They free rang in the yard and there is plenty of natural shade . i have been putty ice cubes in their water . its been a bit cooler today. i just love watching them in the yard they have both been very affectionate towards each other today

Hey Fierlin,
How are you, how's the heat in Adelaide?

I'm actually overseas right now, but I hear it's pretty ... summery. Our oldest chicken has died. She was already much older than any of the others lived to, she was a tough old bugger. :p
Slightly looking forward to returning in about a week. It's snowing outside right now. I am having trouble imagining a forty five degree heat wave. :lol:

I'm sorry to hear that, it's hard when you lose a pet. Are you returning for good? I've never seen snow, how amazing is it? So did you have a white chrissy? It's been hot here in WA too, although Summer is usually pretty hot, just not as hot and humid as it has been in Albany. What kinda chooks have you got?

Returning for good... at least for the next year until I finish school. I have no concrete plans for the future. I'm thinking I might return to England seeing as that's where I'm from.
We didn't have a white chrissy... the weather chose the 25th to suddenly rise to ten degrees and inspire the forecast to call it "spring come early". :lol: Snow is very cool. If it's the right sort you can watch it melt on your hands like time lapse video.

We have sex links. I'd pull up a picture for you but my internet is being so infuriatingly slow I'm not going to risk it. :p
What about you?

I have a old black frizzle who has just raised an Austalorp, Sussex and buff Sussex that are about 3 months old. . A beautiful Silky, and I have 21 babies that are 2 weeks old. 14 are silkies, 2 are gold laced wyandottes, 1 silver campine and the other I'm not sure yet....this was my first incubation, gosh it was exciting! I want to buy a few acres so I can keep roosters .. need to convince my husband......

Hey, Allicoop I have 50 acres but it s very hard to keep the Roos from hurting each other. My buff sussex. Roo spurred my gold laced Wyandotte in the hock. He's been on antibiotics for 12 days, but alas he died this morning
1f622.png
. The girls will miss him. On a brighter note, I have 3 cute little silkies hatched today.

Hey, Allicoop I have 50 acres but it s very hard to keep the Roos from hurting each other. My buff sussex. Roo spurred my gold laced Wyandotte in the hock. He's been on antibiotics for 12 days, but alas he died this morning
1f622.png
. The girls will miss him. On a brighter note, I have 3 cute little silkies hatched today.
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, I hope the little silkies go well. Good luck.

Oh no! I'm sorry for your loss too. Your buff Sussex must be a powerful little devil. Sussex roosters are quite a big chook. I don't have a lot of experience but I have had Sussex girls in the past and my brother has a huge roo and you have to take a broom into the pen... 50 acres.....Pure bliss!! .I grew up on my dads farm of about 800 acres so living on a 750sqm town block feels like a caged canary....but it's close to work, school, shops and beach so there is an upside, for now...congrats on your silkies, are your silkies from a clucky hen or incubator? They are my favourite. I love their temperament.

Oh no! I'm sorry for your loss too. Your buff Sussex must be a powerful little devil. Sussex roosters are quite a big chook. I don't have a lot of experience but I have had Sussex girls in the past and my brother has a huge roo and you have to take a broom into the pen... 50 acres.....Pure bliss!! .I grew up on my dads farm of about 800 acres so living on a 750sqm town block feels like a caged canary....but it's close to work, school, shops and beach so there is an upside, for now...congrats on your silkies, are your silkies from a clucky hen or incubator? They are my favourite. I love their temperament.

Yes, my Hercules ( buff) is huge, but very docile, unfortunately Charlie ( GLW) just wouldn't leave him alone
1f612.png
. We lived in Sydney for 15 years because that's where the work was, but we did the sea change thing 13 years ago. Moved to Tassie , bought a 165 year old house on the beautiful huon river and now I can have lots of chickens
1f413.png
1f414.png
1f423.png
1f425.png
1f424.png
1f424.png
1f424.png
1f424.png
1f424.png
1f424.png
. This batch of silkies are with mum, but I also hatched a batch of colored silkies with barnevelder, GLW, slw buff & light sussex in the incubator. It was my first experience with the bator & only had 50% hatch. It's probably just as well, cause I think I am a victim of " chicken math" lol

Back
Top Bottom